What do you feed your dogs

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":4x2dnwou said:
greybeard":4x2dnwou said:
M-5":4x2dnwou said:
I understand but bad batchs can be found in every mfgr history. It's a byproduct food and we are talking about a dog. They eat shyt and carrion they really don't care it people that makes it complicated.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recalls/
http://www.unleashedmutt.com/Pages/foods.aspx

I fed Ol Roy for years too, quit when they dropped the bags down from 50 to 44 lbs and kept the price the same. Using Purina now.

the retriever brand at tractor supply is 55# for 18.99 online it says mad by mars which makes pedigree iams and old roy . I had to pick up a back of purina dog chow in a pinch the other day and it looks exactly the same , Taste the same too so who knows. Feed what you want , I just cant see spending a pile of money so old yeller can have a gourmet meal and as soon as you go into the cow lot he is lickin a cow turd.

Do you mind me asking how you know that? Did you try it yourself, or did the dog tell you?

LOL, I wondered who would catch it. my wife scolded me for changing brands so I popped a couple pieces in my mouth and chewed it up and said it taste the same and told her to try it . She didn't question me any more. The dogs ate it like normal too. Now the fake bacon treats do not taste like bacon either. That reminds me of the time I was buying crickets and some DA ask me if I was going fishing I reached down in the cage and got a cricket and popped it in my mouth and said no just needed some snacks for movie night. Ill try anything once.

M-5":24g6loci said:
LOL, I wondered who would catch it. my wife scolded me for changing brands so I popped a couple pieces in my mouth and chewed it up and said it taste the same and told her to try it . She didn't question me any more. The dogs ate it like normal too. Now the fake bacon treats do not taste like bacon either. That reminds me of the time I was buying crickets and some DA ask me if I was going fishing I reached down in the cage and got a cricket and popped it in my mouth and said no just needed some snacks for movie night. Ill try anything once.
There are a few things when once might be once too many.. :cowboy:

I been asking around on your polk berry one a day.

M-5":2xdy6wqc said:
skyhightree1":2xdy6wqc said:
M-5":2xdy6wqc said:
I stand corrected made by Mars , same company that makes iams and pedigree.

https://www.waltham.com/brand-support/us-brands/

Doesn't matter who made it they put out bad batches that killed dogs and or made them sick. I raise hunting dogs and they are very valuable to me so I just wont use it ever again. It was labeled as ol roy

I understand but bad batchs can be found in every mfgr history. It's a byproduct food and we are talking about a dog. They eat shyt and carrion they really don't care it people that makes it complicated.

I clearly recall hearing as a kid that "They make dog food to keep people happy. If they made it for the dog, it would be half rotten shyt and smell to high heaven." My dogs are proof of that. I mostly watch protein and fat intake, since they are working dogs. I like diamond because I have found it consistent, they have enough variations, the price is reasonable, and I can always find it in our area (lots of the guys running hounds use it). I am also cautious to not feed any dog food that appears to have visible bits of hair in it, as it can cause major issues on an ACD's digestive system. As long as I find no dead rats, I'm happy and the dog is happy.

skyhightree1":izclv4xv said:
Whatever yall feed do not I repeat do NOT use ol roy walmarts brand I had some dogs die from eating it ... I only use this now

http://www.sportsmanspride.net/
Ol' Roy was actually rated above Purina One at one time. Don't know about now. Most anything made by PMI is junk. They all drop the ball occasionally just like cattle feed manufacturers.

I remember when Diamond had a recall and their feed was killing dogs too. I feed the TSC hi pro retriever brand. Does the job here and just up the volume a little when hunting or if it gets too cold. The best feed I ever fed was a raw diet. Dogs looked amazing and was in excellent health with tons of energy!

TexasBred":2fnqd750 said:
skyhightree1":2fnqd750 said:
Whatever yall feed do not I repeat do NOT use ol roy walmarts brand I had some dogs die from eating it ... I only use this now

http://www.sportsmanspride.net/
Ol' Roy was actually rated above Purina One at one time. Don't know about now. Most anything made by PMI is junk. They all drop the ball occasionally just like cattle feed manufacturers.

That's disappointing news to me. I've fed pmi red flannel hi pro for years. I've been happy with it.
Dogs are in good conditions and I don't give em much. Very little shyt to deal with as well.

callmefence":2ub1pag7 said:
That's disappointing news to me. I've fed pmi red flannel hi pro for years. I've been happy with it.
Dogs are in good conditions and I don't give em much. Very little shyt to deal with as well.
Fence we have "two Purinas" operating these days. Purina Mills, Inc. is the one that makes most cattle feeds as well as the Purina One, Benefil and a number of other pet foods and is owned by Land O' Lakes. Most are little more than "average" at best. The "other" Purina is owned by Nestle and is the old original Ralston Purina and makes some good dog foods like the Pro Plan brand. Confusing as he// as both use the name, the checkerboards and address will almost always be in St. Louis, Missouri. I haven't checked so really don't know which one make the Red Flannel Hi Pro you mention but if the dogs like it and you're happy with it I wouldn't change a thing.

TexasBred":1nlsoc37 said:
Waterway65":1nlsoc37 said:
How about plain ole venison? lol
Expensive dog food unless someone gave it to you.

You can check to see if your dog food is here and how it is rated.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

You got that right! My husband shot a really nice buck but it was old, ended up being mostly ground and it STINKS. I refuse to eat it but the dogs love it :)

TSC 4 Health. Less than $1.00/lb. So i'm good with that. It takes care of them nutritionally. No more stinky poos and no more skin issues.

I have two mix breeds and on pure BC.

Feed them fresh gator with a little dry kibble thrown in
Keeps them in pretty good condition
A avg size gator will last 6 dogs a week to a couple weeks if you chunk it up and give them a chunk each day

MoCrackerCowboy":1hlgsac3 said:
Feed them fresh gator with a little dry kibble thrown in
Keeps them in pretty good condition
A avg size gator will last 6 dogs a week to a couple weeks if you chunk it up and give them a chunk each day
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HDrider why you laughing at me??
Hell down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover

MoCrackerCowboy":2vsbkwn1 said:
be nice down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover
Must be a dam Yankee then cause natives eat everything else on the gator and convince the yahoos the tail is the best. Lol your eating the toughest part.

What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps

MoCrackerCowboy":3o1qyspy said:
be nice down here in the swamps we got plenty a gator and the only meat fit for humans is the tail so we have lots of leftover
I just figured you gave them peeled crawfish tails. I know how much you love your dogs.

MoCrackerCowboy":3dqi1mmw said:
What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps

sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.

Latest posts