What did I do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3fn9cw77 said:
Listen to your gut, its voice is quiet so you gotta listen good. Do whatever your gut tells you cause 430 miles isn't much when you find a goodun.
Yeah, that gut thing works pretty good as long as I don't cross back over to the "old me". Already doubted what I feel the Lord has brought me to see (twice). Such things have been out of grasp for so long it reminds me of Abraham and Sara, how they laughed when God told them a son was to be born to them when he was 99 and Sara 90. I will say my faith has been strengthened, I've gained a better understanding about many things. Even the 20 years between then and now may eventually prove to be a blessing. If we do eventually get together we just may appreciate each other a lot more now. I do believe we were brought back together for more of a reason than God beating me over the head to get me to see the right path.

I ran across a quote yesterday that sums up my end.
"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us". ~E. M. Forester I'm much more open to a different plan now than the plans I had.

And this is my biggest problem I'm facing with myself...
"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hard to be that positive with my track record. Already doubted twice the past week.

Maybe I'm being tested...I don't know if you could know that. I do know that if their is anyone out their meant for me, I can't see it being anyone other than her. Trick is going to be to convince her of that... which just may take divine intervention. Time will only tell...but I'm listening.

Jogeephus":2q8b7t84 said:
BTW - don't know if the 70 mile rule applies to you as it does to me but if it were me I'm afraid my cattle would be out a good bit till I got her closer.
:nod: Going to test that out later this week... But I'll say this, If they know what's good for them they better watch it. They just may not be my problem much longer. Some may survive to be someone elses but I imagine some would meet up the the hamburger machine. All I need is "the word". :nod:

1982vett":392jba45 said:
Jogeephus":392jba45 said:
BTW - don't know if the 70 mile rule applies to you as it does to me but if it were me I'm afraid my cattle would be out a good bit till I got her closer.
:nod: Going to test that out later this week... But I'll say this, If they know what's good for them they better watch it. They just may not be my problem much longer. Some may survive to be someone elses but I imagine some would meet up the the hamburger machine. All I need is "the word". :nod:
:shock: Give up my cattle for a WOMAN! NEVER! Besides till you have an "automatic gate opener" you don't know how much you enjoy dem old cows. :nod: :lol:

1982vett":3450v0t9 said:
Maybe I'm being tested...I don't know if you could know that. I do know that if their is anyone out their meant for me, I can't see it being anyone other than her. Trick is going to be to convince her of that... which just may take divine intervention. Time will only tell...but I'm listening.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", I know this to be a powerful verse. Would not be here had it not been for this little verse given me by a stranger. Say it before you open your eyes and whenever you close your eyes. Let it be the first thing you think of every morning and the last thing at night. It will do wonders for you if you truly believe this as I am living proof. Trust me on this one.

Jogeephus":ng7rznw9 said:
1982vett":ng7rznw9 said:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", I know this to be a powerful verse. Would not be here had it not been for this little verse given me by a stranger. Say it before you open your eyes and whenever you close your eyes. Let it be the first thing you think of every morning and the last thing at night. It will do wonders for you if you truly believe this as I am living proof. Trust me on this one.
:nod: and my favorite is Isa 40:31 -Those who TRUST in the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up with wings as eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

Isomade":1ar02r1n said:
1982vett":1ar02r1n said:
Jogeephus":1ar02r1n said:
:shock: Give up my cattle for a WOMAN! NEVER! Besides till you have an "automatic gate opener" you don't know how much you enjoy dem old cows. :nod: :lol:
Well, things with the cattle aren't going all that well around here anyway. Been beat up by the weather and escalating repair and other expenses coupled the lower and lower carrying capacity. It just not worth the effort for what you "might" get out of it. Really wouldn't be giving up much in my opinion except 109 years of my family living on this hill. I'd be able to hold onto the land. I've been freed from feeling guilty about that just as I have about giving up the cattle. Actually looked at some real estate listings tonight...one rather nice looking home about 2 blocks away. It's way to early to even think about doing something like that. Prices seem to be a lot cheaper than in the Bryan/College Station area. Cattle and equipment would easily pay for the home. I'd rent something short term first to see how and if a relationship would work. I don't see how we could grow anything as far apart as we are and she is busy building a secure future for herself. Something she gave up to raise a family. Not going to ask her to give that up. I've done my work... I'd definitely have to find something to do to keep busy, but the necessity for a paycheck aren't what it used to be. Front door greeter at Wallyworld is more financial rewarding than around here lately so No, I'm not bound down by these cattle anymore.

Jogeephus":12pi3r10 said:
1982vett":12pi3r10 said:

I've got Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 on the wall...To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose underthe sun....Kind of weird maybe since it is one used at a lot of funerals....but hey I just realized that might have a significance too since a lot of baggage was let loose that night. Interesting though. Anyway it spoke to me the night I was looking for guidance and just popped into my head when I paused to reflect on the stuff I had been writing.

Lots of good verses can be found. I'll have to say Internet search is a great tool for anyone that doesn't know where to find what in the Bible. Just typing a bit of a phrase will usually produce something worth while.

There's two things in life that will put worry in a mans mind and cause him to do foolish things.

A pretty sweet woman.

A woman that's sweet and pretty.

Take your pick, good luck.

curtis":1onwxu6p said:
There's two things in life that will put worry in a mans mind and cause him to do foolish things.

A pretty sweet woman.

A woman that's sweet and pretty.

Take your pick, good luck.
:nod:

Ole Ben Franklin said: "I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."

Kind of know that feeling all to well.