What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

today and probably leftovers tomorrow. Beer can chicken and veggie/chicken/sausage kbobs.

Wife doesn't like the beer taste so I used a lime cooler of some kind. Twas good.
Had no little trouble getting the can out of the chicken's butt tho. I cut his wings off since they left a bunch of feathers in em.
Strange bird. had 3 hearts, no liver and no gizzard. Dog got to eat the neck, the wings and the hearts

KIMG0308[974].jpg

KIMG0309[975].jpg

Wife made spaghetti. Ground beef, peppers, onions, tomato sauce and Ro-tel.
426C8111-9EEC-4E20-A59E-4A3F614D5180.jpeg
Am curious what kind of non-stick cookware works best nowadays.. Since I do all the cooking at home, I've always wanted something that both worked well and was presentable to take the place of the hodge/podge combination of pots and pans we've accumulated over 20 decades since wife and I have been together. Teflon, bronze colored bottoms including inside that was worse about sticking than a bare aluminum of stainless, even tho advertised as 100% stick proof. Stainless pots that are fine as lng as there is plenty of liquid in the recipe. Some, is aluminum that the teflon is completely worn off. I now have a pretty inexpensive set brand name "Tasty" that has held up good for about 4 years now. Not teflon coated, but uses one of the newer things. After about a year, I chunked out most of the older stuff. But, I can now see evidence the Tasty cookware is beginning to show some scratches in the coating.... ☹️
I did keep my 2 well seasoned cast iron skillets but I don't use them for everyday cooking. Mostly inside the oven cooking. Nothing makes cornbread like a good cast iron skillet.

Dad has bought mom several of those non stick pans, and everyone of them is in the trash. I don't know what is best. I think mom got them to hot, and the put them under cold water. She warped every single one. I am beginning to think that a well seasoned cast iron just might be best. Most people clean them wrong, and just don't take care of them property. I have a couple that I plan on bringing back to life one of these days.

Most of the time, a LITTLE soap and water and a quick rinse and dry is all that is needed for cast iron.

I have come to the conclusion that any cookware offered on a TV infomercial is garbage.

Most of the time, a LITTLE soap and water and a quick rinse and dry is all that is needed for cast iron.

I have come to the conclusion that any cookware offered on a TV infomercial is garbage.
I try not to even use soap if it can be avoided. I know a little won't hurt it but it is hard to change.
I have a cornbread-only cast-iron pan that it is older than I am. Since I have had it, it is my cornbread-only pan. I just wipe it with a paper towel. For the others, I try to get by with just hot water.

Am curious what kind of non-stick cookware works best nowadays.. Since I do all the cooking at home, I've always wanted something that both worked well and was presentable to take the place of the hodge/podge combination of pots and pans we've accumulated over 20 decades since wife and I have been together. Teflon, bronze colored bottoms including inside that was worse about sticking than a bare aluminum of stainless, even tho advertised as 100% stick proof. Stainless pots that are fine as lng as there is plenty of liquid in the recipe. Some, is aluminum that the teflon is completely worn off. I now have a pretty inexpensive set brand name "Tasty" that has held up good for about 4 years now. Not teflon coated, but uses one of the newer things. After about a year, I chunked out most of the older stuff. But, I can now see evidence the Tasty cookware is beginning to show some scratches in the coating.... ☹️
I did keep my 2 well seasoned cast iron skillets but I don't use them for everyday cooking. Mostly inside the oven cooking. Nothing makes cornbread like a good cast iron skillet.
Wife has some Paula Dean cookware, that a previous tenant left behind and was like new. She recently got a set of Pioneer Woman cookware as the other is showing some age. I think she likes it pretty well so far.
You are right though, a lot of it doesn't work as well as advertised. She has a copper skillet that things stick in pretty bad.
She makes cornbread in an iron skillet too.

I'm not a fan of any of the 'celebrity' cookware. Not Justin Wilson, not Pioneer Woman, not Paula Dean, Emiril Lagasee or Rachel Ray's. I think Rachel Ray's is really the same thing I have but at a higher price.
(I do not like ANYTHING about 'Pioneer Woman' (including but not limited to) her appearance and voice..she definitely needs to get out in the sun a little more) Her cookware is way over priced for what it is, tho I have noticed it is recently coming down some.)

The only other spokesperson I dislike viewing more is that dang Lume deodorant lady. Do something with that hair and INVEST IN A LITTLE MAKEUP instead of just telling us to put your awful sounding stuff in our buttcracks!!! She evidently suffers from Chronic Asstinkness Syndrome..

lumecrack.jpg

(Now,... who just lost your appetites?)

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of any of the 'celebrity' cookware. Not Justin Wilson, not Pioneer Woman, not Paula Dean, Emiril Lagasee or Rachel Ray's. I think Rachel Ray's is really the same thing I have but at a higher price.
(I do not like ANYTHING about 'Pioneer Woman' (including but not limited to) her appearance and voice..she definitely needs to get out in the sun a little more) Her cookware is way over priced for what it is, tho I have noticed it is recently coming down some.)

The only other spokesperson I dislike viewing more is that dang Lume deodorant lady. Do something with that hair and INVEST IN A LITTLE MAKEUP instead of just telling us to put your awful sounding stuff in our buttcracks!!! She evidently suffers from Chronic Asstinkness Syndrome..

View attachment 29162

(Now,... who just lost your appetites?)
You're a bit passionate about this, huh?

Skillet...Most of the time I do the same with the 'just wipe it out' thing.
400°F will kill lots of bacteria.......
Cast iron skillet all the way. Never use soap. Boil a quarter inch of water in it for stuck on food, rinse and wipe out with a paper towel and coat bottom with oil and put it away. Only use plastic spatula on it. For eggs, a cheap Teflon pan and replace every couple years.

I just use hot water from faucet and a plastic scraper most of the time. Get everything out and a wipe out with a dish rag. Dry with paper towels and lightly coat with oil.

Every once in awhile if something is being really stubborn I will put a tiny drop of dish soap and clean it out with a dish rag and quickly rinse it out. My wife and I bought a new cast iron skillet when we first got married around 13 years ago and it is still the main thing we use. If you put a little olive oil in it you can do eggs over easy no problem. You just don't want to strip that seasoning off.

Latest posts