What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Well ain't you a picky and well oiled sweet smelling person. If you know for certain that your statement is true, then I'll appreciate the warning if I ever find myself in your situation.
Partner, I reckon best as I can tell what we do and find with the lights off is likely as not about as much situation as we're getting up to, seeing as how we both elected to pick just one to hunt around in the dark for when we feel the need.

Please post photo of your racoon meal for others to decide on its' merits, sounds very greasy to me. :)
I had some friends that were black folks from Louisiana that cooked it dry rubbed like pork, wasn't crazy keen on it. My uncle has stewed some up before, wasn't bad that way. You can get money for coon carcasses from black folks in some places down here but if you've already skinned it out for the fur then you have to leave the feet on or they won't buy it from you. No proof that it isn't a house cat.

that you know of.........
Once upon a time I too had an extended stay abroad courtesy of the U.S. government.
One day I bought a meat pastie (hand meat pie) from a street vendor. It was so heavily seasoned with black pepper I barely could taste anything else and definitely wouldn't recommend. The following week in the local newspaper I saw 2 street gang members had been arrested for butchering and selling the meat of stray and stolen dogs. I fully believe I had dealt with one of their customers. :)

I've definitely eaten some sketchy things courtesy of the US gov, but I'm hoping no cats. I did have some sheep balls a short while back.
I ordered and paid for bull fries... and would do it again.
Chitlins you can keep.... definitely want to know who cleaned and cooked them before you eat them. :)
Bought a jar of pickled pigs feet last week, just because it was on sale 1/2 off. The feet are pretty worthless, but pickled pork hocks and now we're talking.

Last edited:
When dad you a teenager they lived near the Indian Reservation. Dad and his brother stopped to give them a hand with their car. They said nice fat puppy, and one day fat puppy was gone. Dad was pretty sure that they ate him. Oh, dad was able to get their car running, and one of the guys was going to give dad his moccasins; they were way to big for dad, so I think he took something else that they offered.

Calf, lamb, hog fries are good eating, I've heard that turkey fries are good too, but never had them. Here in the hills, the old timers didn't let anything go to waste, one of my grandmothers always talked about cleaning the hog intestines ( chitlins) by tying them to rocks in a flowing creek.
As a child, I can remember coming into my other grandmother's house and seeing her working on hog heads in the sink, making souse.
My father loved pickled pig feet, but I've never tried those.
Over Thanksgiving, sister-in-law saw me putting the turkey neck, gizzard, etc on my plate and asked if I was going to eat that.

I ordered and paid for bull fries... and would do it again.
Chitlins you can keep.... definitely want to know who cleaned and cooked them before you eat them. :)
Bought a jar of pickled pigs feet last week, just because it was on sale 1/2 off. The feet are pretty worthless, but pickled pork hocks and now we're talking.
We did some lamb ram butchering where I was the buyer and my buddies who wanted in that couldn't pay me for portions helped with the butchering, the Venezuelan friend cooked the balls in the fashion that they do in his homeland. They were... not like rocky mountain oysters. There's too many nice womenfolk on this board for me to say what I personally thought they tasted like. I'm not saying they were bad, but they weren't something I'd ask for extra of.

Latest posts