What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

For breakfast had a couple of scrambled eggs mixed in with small slices of home-grown beef sticks. Do that when I'm too lazy to go downstairs to the big freezer for sausage. Every time we butcher we made 40 lbs. of beef sticks. Freezer beef customers really like the 10 lb. beef stick bonus with each quarter sold.

I should get out more. At 52yo, I've never had a TV dinner.
Most of them are not that great!

I do enjoy the Turkey dinners for some strange reason.

Sometimes I get so busy with cow stuff, I just throw it in the oven while I'm working. And sometimes it's just ok to be a lazy chef! 🙃

Wendy's Big Bacon Cheddar Triple Cheeseburger was named the unhealthiest burger in America. 1420 calories 102 g of fat (42g saturated fat 5g trans fat)
and 2,110 mg of sodium, which exceeds the recommended daily allowance
it's topped with fried onion rings, bacon and bacon jam

bacon jam... mmm makes me want to try one

Wendy's Big Bacon Cheddar Triple Cheeseburger was named the unhealthiest burger in America. 1420 calories 102 g of fat (42g saturated fat 5g trans fat)
and 2,110 mg of sodium, which exceeds the recommended daily allowance
it's topped with fried onion rings, bacon and bacon jam

bacon jam... mmm makes me want to try one
Sounds great

Most of them are not that great!

I do enjoy the Turkey dinners for some strange reason.

Sometimes I get so busy with cow stuff, I just throw it in the oven while I'm working. And sometimes it's just ok to be a lazy chef! 🙃
Yeah, that's the only one i'll eat TV dinner wise...Turkey and gravy, you get stuffing and mash potatoes, sometimes corn...it's not that bad....and all is safe to eat.

This heat is miserable. Nothing like a tomato/onion sandwich on lightly toasted homemade bread with mayo, salt, pepper and cold tater salad and cucumbers. Makes the heat seem less intense. Could also be the cold beer in a frozen mug, with a squeeze of lemon. What "heat buster" meals do you eat?
Cool start for May, 2022. For breakfast, boiled country sausage from our local butcher shop, and scrambled eggs (we get a good price from a family at our church). For lunch, probably a Boost diabetic shake. Supper will be roast beef, potatoes and carrots out of the Dutch Oven. No bread, no sugar.

Eating some left over deep fried turkey nuggets from the Tom I killed this weekend.
Used Andy's hot and spicy chicken batter b/c store didn't have Andy's Cajun fish batter.

Samiches or eating in town. Freezer and fridge and pantry emptied out. We depart the tall pine country on May 11.
It will be awhile before i touch an oven or stove top again and when I do, it's going to be in mesquite and cedar country.

Closed on the sale last Friday. Truck arrives on May 11 and off we go on our next (hopefully last) adventure. We hauled one load to Lampasas already but the next (and last one) will be 3 times the volume of that.
Gawd we have a lot of 'stuff'.

New owner is a retired diesel mechanic (as am I) in his early 60s from about 35 miles away, that lived much of his life on the West Fork of the same river system I'm on , so he is well versed in what the river can do and I divulged everything that has ever happened here to any potential buyer, so the neighborhood makeup won't change much as far as personalities. He seems to be as rough an old cob as I am. He's not a cow guy but intends to keep it under Ag thru a lease arrangement with a nearby neighbor and friend of mine. Hopefully, he can take this place to the next level but not my worries any longer. (It was hard to completely accept that)

Sill haven't settled on a house and property in Lampasas County so we will be in an apartment for a while so we can take our time finding what we want.
Sad to be leaving here, property that I've been on and off of since 1964, but it's just time to let it go.

Latest posts