What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Just finished slicing up a prime smoked brisket, a smoked pit ham injected with pineapple juice, and the wife finished up the pulled pork. Heading to a birthday party for my grandson who turned one!

rob2":11xpe0t7 said:
Just finished slicing up a prime smoked brisket, a smoked pit ham injected with pineapple juice, and the wife finished up the pulled pork. Heading to a birthday party for my grandson who turned one!
Give that boy the ham bone to gnaw on. He'll love you forever. ;-) ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Garlic sausage, kraut, peas and a tweaked version of Chippie's claussen pickles using cucumbers and zucchini.

11401134_1456120511352510_6795870786553159140_n.jpg

It was pretty good. Made it while I was hungry and didn't follow a recipe just made it. Sometimes this works out great sometimes not.

Mine was good but I think i'd rather been eating at Slick's though. Watched a show on television about Sadler's, the company in Texas that smokes the briskets for Arby's. Get this, they smoke 281,736 pounds per week, plus a "conservative" 43.2 percent product loss, it comes to around 3,000 head of cattle every single day, a period during which only 60,000 produce brisket.

http://www.sadlerssmokehouse.com/

Thanks sky. Saddler's also does a packaged product that I find at Sam's Club. Had some friends that did a part-time catering thing. They'd pre-order with Sam's and load up. They didn't even own a smoker.

Opinions Please. As similar to rob2 pineapple injected ham, have done couple shoulders with garlic, ginger, wrapped in
banana leaves to simulate luau, and using reduced pineapple juice barbecue sauce. Just wonder if injected, insert garlic
and wrap with banana or cabbage leaves, smoke on big green egg good option. Sounds good to me.
Lamar

Sounds good to me too. I bet the banana leaves would keep it moist. I did a pig a while back and injected with mojo. I had sauces on the side but very few people even used the sauce because the flavor or the pork was spot on.

Slick, that Sadlers bunch is impressive. It looked as though they didn't take any shortcuts just did it like we would do it only on a much grander scale. I was impressed. I forgot how many cords of wood they went through each week but it was a bunch.

Fresh sweet corn, green beans, tomato, baked zucchini, catfish from my tank... everything except the bacon that s in the beans within 100 yards of the house. I'm sorry , that makes me kinda proud

Latest posts