Were is everybody going?

Help Support CattleToday:

Davemk said:
JMJ Farms said:
Davemk said:
Yes. Lexington to Knoxville is nuts. What is crazier is I75 going thru downtown Atlanta during rush hour.

I 75 in Chattanooga at 7:30 AM on a weekday is terrible. Think I 75 in downtown Atlanta is bad? It is. But I 285 bypass is worse. Human death trap if there has ever been one. I avoid them all like the plague these days.

No doubt I-285 is just insane.

Quick story about Atlanta rush hour traffic.
I was on my way to Baxley GA, coming from Lexington Ky. My nerves were already shot because of the drive from Lexington on I75. I got just North of Marietta and I said to myself we can do this, today we are going to take I285 around Atlanta. Nope I got to I75/I285 exchange and I just could not mentally make myself turn, not today I said to myself. Downtown Atlanta here I come. Mistake. Now see I was driving a Chevy 2500hd Crew Cab with 25 ft of gooseneck flatbed behind it. By the time I got thru downtown Atlanta people were giving me the number one sign as they flew past me. I am pretty sure I ran a minimum of 10 cars out of their lane because I was in the right trying to stay out of the way. Well the right lane in downtown Atlanta is not the place to be driving what I was driving. The right lane leads to the nine circles of be nice otherwise known as the city streets of Atlanta. I was not going on the city streets of Atlanta with 40 ft of vehicle behind me. So, I turned on my signal and turned left, yeah that was not a popular move, the number one sign was flashed by lots of drivers that day.

I did not take I75 home. Drove way out of my way to take I95/I26/I77/I64 home. Yep way out of my way.

Someday I will tell the story of Driving in Atlanta Labor Day weekend 1994.

I hear ya. And on top of that the lanes in downtown are so narrow there's not much room for error. An 8' wide gooseneck pretty well fills one lane up. I despise Atlanta traffic.

Latest posts