Were is everybody going?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Every time I get out on the road it is full. I went to Knoxville TN yesterday and I took my life in my on hands to avoid wrecking in the multi-able lanes of the unending speeding train of traffic. It does not matter if it is morning, mid-morning, noon, evening, night, it is non stop out on these roads. I use to feel like I was at least kinda in the flow, but now it has pasted me up....Most have apparently moved to town and if you are not one of them you are just SOL....

jltrent said:
Every time I get out on the road it is full. I went to Knoxville TN yesterday and I took my life in my on hands to avoid wrecking in the multi-able lanes of the unending speeding train of traffic. It does not matter if it is morning, mid-morning, noon, evening, night, it is non stop out on these roads. I use to feel like I was at least kinda in the flow, but now it has pasted me up....Most have apparently moved to town and if you are not one of them you are just SOL....

Have you ever driven I-75 between Lexington and Knoxville? It is unbelievable. A perfect place to end your life.

Bright Raven said:
jltrent said:

Have you ever driven I-75 between Lexington and Knoxville? It is unbelievable. A perfect place to end your life.
Plenty as I-75 is terrible, but I-81 IMO is even worse and the road is not as good.

Bright Raven said:
jltrent said:

Worse than I75 Chattanooga to Atlanta?

shaz said:
Bright Raven said:
jltrent said:

Yes. Lexington to Knoxville is nuts. What is crazier is I75 going thru downtown Atlanta during rush hour.

shaz said:
Bright Raven said:
jltrent said:

I try to watch the 6 pm news broadcast out of Lexington Channel 18 everyday. It is common to have them lead off with three or four serious incidents on I-75 between Lexington and the Tennessee border. Some are completely nuts. Road rage, driving in the wrong direction, entering the Interstate from private property, truck drivers falling asleep, entire families being killed in horrific accidents, etc.

Davemk said:
shaz said:
Bright Raven said:

Yes. Lexington to Knoxville is nuts. What is crazier is I75 going thru downtown Atlanta during rush hour.

I 75 in Chattanooga at 7:30 AM on a weekday is terrible. Think I 75 in downtown Atlanta is bad? It is. But I 285 bypass is worse. Human death trap if there has ever been one. I avoid them all like the plague these days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSZSxyCtF1M

Real chicken train. I couldn't find the real one. 🐓🚂🚃

Bright Raven said:
jltrent said:

That is so horrible yet I'm laughing.
Ever been on 285 in Atl. Better not be going no less than 90 in the slow lane.

I always wonder all the millions...maybe even billions of roadside cross I've seen over my life what happen. I maybe weird but I always wonder who the person was. Sometimes I pray for their families and friends. Makes me sad....

I was going down the interstate then other day a lady was swerving all over. Later I pasted her look over she was texting and driving. I started noticing mostly everybody pasting by or I was passing was either on there phone talking or texting. Lord help us!!! A few days whenever it was before this...a lady swerving over in our lane we slam on the breaks cattle trailer and all to keep from hitting her. I look over after she swerved back in her lane she still texting. 🤬😡

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-49351860/eyewitness-dash-cam-captures-moment-of-texting-while-driving-crash

Only take a second. I wish more people would realize how priceless lifes are and texting can wait.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-49351860/eyewitness-dash-cam-captures-moment-of-texting-while-driving-crash

There are lots of people moving to Tennessee. Please don't send them back, we're crowded here, too, lol!

One of the big reasons I live where I do now. It is normal to be driving down the freeway between here and Baker City and have it be half a mile to the nearest car. And that is in the middle of the day. The last 2 months before I retired I saw 7 wrecks on the freeway on my drive home. Two of those I actually witnessed occur. And I only drove about 5 miles of the freeway (I-5 south of Olympia WA). Brings to mind the words to an old Jerry Jeff Walker song, If I can just get off this LA freeway without getting killed or caught.

I was always curious about Ol'Skinny Dennis. Guy Clark was a talented man.

JMJ Farms said:
Davemk said:
shaz said:

I 75 in Chattanooga at 7:30 AM on a weekday is terrible. Think I 75 in downtown Atlanta is bad? It is. But I 285 bypass is worse. Human death trap if there has ever been one. I avoid them all like the plague these days.

No doubt I-285 is just insane.

Quick story about Atlanta rush hour traffic.
I was on my way to Baxley GA, coming from Lexington Ky. My nerves were already shot because of the drive from Lexington on I75. I got just North of Marietta and I said to myself we can do this, today we are going to take I285 around Atlanta. Nope I got to I75/I285 exchange and I just could not mentally make myself turn, not today I said to myself. Downtown Atlanta here I come. Mistake. Now see I was driving a Chevy 2500hd Crew Cab with 25 ft of gooseneck flatbed behind it. By the time I got thru downtown Atlanta people were giving me the number one sign as they flew past me. I am pretty sure I ran a minimum of 10 cars out of their lane because I was in the right trying to stay out of the way. Well the right lane in downtown Atlanta is not the place to be driving what I was driving. The right lane leads to the nine circles of hell otherwise known as the city streets of Atlanta. I was not going on the city streets of Atlanta with 40 ft of vehicle behind me. So, I turned on my signal and turned left, yeah that was not a popular move, the number one sign was flashed by lots of drivers that day.

I did not take I75 home. Drove way out of my way to take I95/I26/I77/I64 home. Yep way out of my way.

Someday I will tell the story of Driving in Atlanta Labor Day weekend 1994.

Latest posts