well this is really irritating...

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
I copied this off another site. It is just sad... :( Then it makes me mad :mad:

I am writing you in concern to an article that was published in the University of Missouri Columbia's student newspaper that is funded by our tax dollars. This article is being read by the generation of people that are making decisions for the future and I am concerned that when this type of negative coverage gets out to the wrong people it is going to cause a big problem for the future. This affects Missouri's Number 1 Industry Agriculture. I personally am offended to be a student at Mizzou when they allow this type of stuff to be printed. I encourage everyone to take a look at this and see why it is so important that we form together to give a positive message about agriculture. Please read the following article. Thanks Gary Animal Science Major

By Dan Friesen, Columnist; [email protected]. Posted February 27, 2007.
This weekend, I learned that there are going to be some changes in funding for a few departments at the university, and I must say I couldn't be happier.

Money and funding is the university's way of telling groups and departments exactly where they stand. You want to know how important you are? Find out how much money you're getting, there's your answer.

I recently found out that I am not making the $10,000 per semester I demanded after Winter Semester 2006 but am in fact still making exactly what Lacey Hanson made semesters ago: $10 a week. And she didn't even go in for rounds of negotiations like I did.

Maybe I'm closed-minded, but I think that some majors and paths of study are more, dare I say, noble than others.

You know what I mean. People with certain specializations, like journalism or textile and apparel management, can do more to improve society than others.

That's why I was glad to read in Friday's issue of this rag that not only was $1.6 million in federal money cut from the agriculture school budget, but $1.4 million was also added to the journalism school's budget for construction.

Now, I know a lot of you out there are saying, "But Dan, you're totally biased. You're a journalist, therefore your opinion on the matter isn't pure." Hogwash, I say. The fact that I, Dan Friesen, am a journalist really serves to prove my argument.

Plus, we all know that "bias" is just a buzzword thrown around by the liberal, secular progressive media establishment to bork rational, right-thinking Supreme Court appointees who happen to think that fetuses are people and gays aren't.

You see, one of the things I've learned over the years is that the print media is the most powerful and influential force in the free world. What we do is tell the world what's going on. We observe things and we write about them, so all the busy people in the world don't have to find things out for themselves. We tell the truth to the masses.

Seriously, what do you agriculture people do? Drive a plow and jerk off livestock? Yeah, real important. I assure you, I can drive stick, and if the situation came to it, I could service a horse.

Can you farmers dig through all the daily events and weave a coherent yarn explaining why any of it matters? No way. I've read the papers that come out of the country. They have headlines like "O'Flannigan Cow Farts."

Nice try. Tell you what: You stick to the bovine handjobs, we'll stick to the important work of print.

We aspire to live in big cities, writing for important, high-social impact papers. You aspire to spread manure for a living.

We pass the time playing Scrabble or Taboo to expand our minds. You play horseshoes. We like a nice classy scotch after a long day's work. You drink bathtub gin.

We need fancy equipment to ensure a good layout. We need everything to be state-of-the-art. There's not a piece of farm equipment on this Earth that isn't covered in rust.

We need, and let's not forget deserve, the increased funding. We're making a difference. We're important.

Now, how am I going to wet my beak in that $1.4 million? Stokes, time for another round of negotiations.

When articles like this are published and nothing is done it is a step in the wrong direction for agriculture education of the public, because some uninformed people who read it will believe it, and that is WRONG.

Typical jargon out of a nobody trying to be somebody. His ego is much bigger than his I.Q.

There are several professionals right here on the forum who are into agriculture with much more education than he.

The problem is jerks like him get the attention they are seeking. If is no different than us sitting around watching the Oscars or Academy Awards or the People's Choice, or which ever award they are offering on televisions to actors who have a hard time doing things like riding a horse.

He has one big advantage over me: He can kiss my rear and I can't.

Turn this around and read it from the other direction.

It sounds like he just slammed the h--- out of the budget committee. While writing what anyone with two braincells bouncing off of each other would know is pure BS he makes Journalists into some eletist group of the type everyone hates.Z

ok first place..WHERE IN THE HECK DID HE GET THE IDEA ABOUT WHAT WE SUPPOSIBLY DO WITH OUT CATTLE? ....ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??!?!?!? :mad: GOD I HOPE HE FRICKEN STARVES TO DEATH CUZ HE DIDNT GET ENOUGH FOOD FROM A HARD WORKING FARMER!!

I DONT EVEN NEED A STUPID NEWPAPER OR A NEWS REPORT...ALL I NEED IS TO KNOW IS CATTLE SALE PRICES.
We need fancy equipment to ensure a good layout. We need everything to be state-of-the-art.
SCREW STATE OF THE ART...THAT IS FOR CITY SLICKERS WITH NO BALLS WHO CANT DO WORK THEMSELVES!! YOU CAN TELL HES NEVER BEEN ON A FARM BEFORE. YEAH SOME OF MAY NOT HAVE "STATE OF THE ART" BUT WHO CARES...WE DONT NEED "STATE OF THE ART" CAUSE WE HAVE THINGS CALLED MUSCLES THAT WE DONT EVEN NEED TO GO TO A GYM TO GET CAUSE WE ACTUALLY WORK!!!!!

We pass the time playing Scrabble or Taboo to expand our minds. You play horseshoes. We like a nice classy scotch after a long day's work. You drink bathtub gin.

THATS BS!! HORSESHOES WAS LIKE WAY BACK IN THE 30'S MAYBE READ ONE OF YOUR DUMB "PRINTS" AND YOU'D LEARN A LITTLE SOMETHING!! YEAH JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF YOUR EXPANDING YOUR MIND. THAT DOESNT MEAN HE COULD DO IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE KEEP ANIMALS ALIVE OR HOOK UP A HOSE TO KEEP THEM WATERED I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT WHAT HE DOENST KNOW!

we'll stick to the important work of print.
HA YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! ANYBODY COULD WRITE A DUMB PAPER

OH THIS MAKES ME SSSOO MAD!! HES ONE OF THOSE KINDA PEOPLE WHERE I COULD PUT A BULLET INBETWEEN HIS EYES!!

i know you didnt write this iowahawkeyes.

i hope nobody takes this the wrong way its just i cant stand how some people treat us, the people who put food on their plates them being vegitarians or not watever they eat it just didnt appear from no where.

Gee Cattleluvr18, you seem to be a little ticked off. Calm down before you have a heart attack. I do agree with you, though.

yeah im a little ticked off. people like that have no right to say anything about what we do with our cattle or what kind of equipment we have. i doubt hes even stepped out of the city.
thanks for agreeing. im just not the kinda person who lets that pass with out saying something about it. even though that the person who wrote it wont see it.

It would be funny to have him out to the farm for a day-bet his whole attitude would change before the day was over. Would be a good day to cut a few calves, move a few bulls to different pasture, run up a few rogues and fix some fence and just shovel some s@*t in general. He'd have to clean out his drawers when he saw a few of my cows come toward him-bet he's never really seen a cow with a set of horns. :lol:

iowahawkeyes":3t5yksx9 said:
I copied this off another site. It is just sad... :( Then it makes me mad :mad:

I am writing you in concern to an article that was published in the University of Missouri Columbia's student newspaper that is funded by our tax dollars. This article is being read by the generation of people that are making decisions for the future and I am concerned that when this type of negative coverage gets out to the wrong people it is going to cause a big problem for the future. This affects Missouri's Number 1 Industry Agriculture. I personally am offended to be a student at Mizzou when they allow this type of stuff to be printed. I encourage everyone to take a look at this and see why it is so important that we form together to give a positive message about agriculture. Please read the following article. Thanks Gary Animal Science Major

By Dan Friesen, Columnist; [email protected]. Posted February 27, 2007.

Seriously, what do you agriculture people do? Drive a plow and jerk off livestock? Yeah, real important. I assure you, I can drive stick, and if the situation came to it, I could service a horse.

Can you farmers dig through all the daily events and weave a coherent yarn explaining why any of it matters? No way. I've read the papers that come out of the country. They have headlines like "O'Flannigan Cow Farts."

Nice try. Tell you what: You stick to the bovine handjobs, we'll stick to the important work of print.

We aspire to live in big cities, writing for important, high-social impact papers. You aspire to spread manure for a living.

We need fancy equipment to ensure a good layout. We need everything to be state-of-the-art. There's not a piece of farm equipment on this Earth that isn't covered in rust.

We need, and let's not forget deserve, the increased funding. We're making a difference. We're important.

Now, how am I going to wet my beak in that $1.4 million? Stokes, time for another round of negotiations.

When articles like this are published and nothing is done it is a step in the wrong direction for agriculture education of the public, because some uninformed people who read it will believe it, and that is WRONG.

Well, for one thing, I'm glad this Gary put out this article to let folks know that sh!t like this can't be agreed upon. I whole-heartedly agree with yall on here that this GEEK that wrote this BS article--this dan kid-- is a bloody city slicker that hasn't gotten sh!# on his boots or his a$$. I'd love to have him working out here...the barn has some old cow crap that needs cleaning out, among other things...
All the media feed off is the mistakes that people make and make a whole freakin' deal out of it. They're like vultures circling a half-dead, dehydrated animal waiting to pounce. Important? Danny,boy, you can kiss my @$$.

Thanks for lettin me rant. And iowa hawkeyes, thanks for posting this.

well you know professors an writers have manure for brains.they dont want their livelyhood made fun of at all.but hey the farmers an ranchers are skum of the earth.so lets make things tough on them.lets make them work an live on nothing.so we the PEOPLE can have cheap food.lets make fun of them.well you know what screw emm.without the lowly farmer they would all starve to death in less than 6 months.farmers feed the USA an other nations.

Had I read this without the introduction, I would have thought this was written tongue in cheek...almost deprecatingly. I'd like to see the entire article or whatever was there purporting this stance. In other words, before I get really, really mad, I'd really like to have a touch more information.

Now, if this was written as an honest to goodness slam against the farmer, then the guy needs a real attitude adjustment.

Alice

I remember that alot of the articles that were in the University newspaper when I was in school had a bit of this tone to them. You have to remember that the people who are writing these papers are probably 19 and haven't had any exposure to the real world. Most of them still live in the same house as Mommy and Daddy and don't even have any experience in the work world. That's not to say, however, that there aren't people out there who are older that have that attitude. I guess when I hear stuff like this I just consider the source.

Writing down the events of the day? I think just about anyone could do that. Journalism? All of the stupid people take that as the major then when they figure out they are not going to be on tv and maybe write for some little paper some crap that nobody reads they get an inferiority complex and write stuff like this. Why do they need all of that money to do that? To learn how to sensationalive and preach how correct it is to be gay. I for one am sick of all of the biased media in this country. This guy is just a idiot.

Rustler9":2gofc1g7 said:
It would be funny to have him out to the farm for a day-bet his whole attitude would change before the day was over. Would be a good day to cut a few calves, move a few bulls to different pasture, run up a few rogues and fix some fence and just shovel some s@*t in general. He'd have to clean out his drawers when he saw a few of my cows come toward him-bet he's never really seen a cow with a set of horns. :lol:

It would be awful hard to refrain from putting the ball of my foot all over his cheek. He and I probably couldn't relate about anything. Don't think I'd want to spend the day with him. I have to deal with too many "men" who squat to pee already.

What you gonna do if he steps in a cow pie, wash his boots?

hey karlie i am so up to writing an e-mail to that idiot. i would so want him on my farm. he'd never say another bad thing about a farmer ever in his life once im done with him. and your darn right bigbull, this guy needs to keep in mind just what the heck we do for them. we do feed the USA and im dang proud of that. i think its quit the accomplishment.

My dog has more brains than that prick. He needs to be hauled out in the middle of no where and dropped off. Say, see ya, try to make it on your own. The FARMERS are like the truck drivers, if we quit raising crops, cattle, etc. and quit hauling these goods, IDIOTS like this couldn't make it. I was raised on a farm, still farm, and truck and proud of it. I'm like rustler, I could make him change his atitude right quick........

Latest posts