Well that's no good...

Help Support CattleToday:

I never find shed antlers in the hay fields. The places where we find the sheds you aren't going to with any type of wheeled vehicle.

I usually found them in the woods, and a couple the dogs brought into the yard. Only had one flat because of one (4 wheeler) and it was an old drop, bleached white that the squirrels had chewed/gnawed on a lot.

I was thinking they were feeding there when the rye was growing.
Thats probably true if you had rye in there. I probably should of asked how big an area.

I find them where they may be 2 or 3 sets and a couple singles in like a 30x30 area. It's generally semi tall grass. You can see the spots where the deer are laying next to the horns.

It's a gold mine when you are shed hunting and a mine field on a tractor. 😄

We have really gotten in to shed hunting. I'd love to get a shed dog. It's a dual purpose deal. We enjoy it and it helps get them out if the pasture.

I never find shed antlers in the hay fields. The places where we find the sheds you aren't going to with any type of wheeled vehicle.

I find them occasionally in one field that is fenced off and usually planted with winter wheat. Their horns fall off when they hop over the fence.