Welded pipe H-brace question?

Help Support CattleToday:

I would agree with you except I would add a welded diagonal brace. The original topic was does a diagonal wire make it stronger, and it does.
And if you've never seen a welded H brace fail.. cement or driven maybe you should identify with Ronnie Millsap instead of Johnny cash...lol
As a kid I thought Ronnie's son "Stranger In My House" was hilarious. There's somebody here that I can't see... yeah no shiite Ronnie!

The horizontal in the H only keeps the posts parallel as they move. The diagonal keeps them from moving. That is the same in wood or metal.

I am not an engineer but basically the diagonal transfers the load to the point of contact and neutralizes the lever effect by putting the force at the fulcrum or directly to the ground if you are using Fences design.
Coulda fooled me!🤓

A double H and you think it still needs a welded diag brace?
Yes actually I do. I've said that for years and your not going to change my mind. If you cannot understand the strength a diagonal adds then don't. No skin off my nose.
I cannot understand why anyone would build a double H welded pipe brace. For the same material and labor they could have made a H with a kicker and done it right.
That's how it works it seems. Everyone who's fenced 100 acres thinks they're a expert.

Latest posts