Weathered the storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Just thought I would let you know that we didn't have any problems with NERO. Had a foot of snow, some high winds, not bad, didn't lose electricity.
My nephew, Phil, is staying with me & helping, from R. I. He can't believe how well the road crew keeps our roads cleaned out here in "the sticks!".
Got 10 bulls & 6 heifers on the ground (one set of twin heifers! - with vet's assistance at midnight prior to storm). Got 12 "on deck" due within 2 weeks.
Ground is frozen solid, so snow was a WELCOME sight. Lots nicer on the cattle's feet & legs & they can snuggle down into the snow for warmth.
Life is good!!! :banana:

Didn't see the post below. Thanks for CARING!!!! been wayyy toooo busy to visit on here. Maybe will get to play "catch-up" next week. Got taxes done, ag census & NY Simm newsletter done & sent to printers this morning (24 pages)

Good to hear it wasn't too bad for you. Seems the further east one goes the worse it got. My wife's dad is in the Catskills, and he said he got a pile of snow, lost power, but so far is manageable

Good to hear you made it all right. A big snow storm making it warmer just sounds strange as heck to a east Texan. (Brrrrrrrrrrr)

Latest posts