Weaned Hereford Bull Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

mrvictordomino

Reaction score
A couple group pictures of my fall 2011 bull calves. Line-bred Victor Domino bloodlines. 7 1/2 - 8 months old.
Had some individual pictures, could not get to download. Maybe next time.

Nice looking group. I like the darker color of the one on the right. He may just have slicked off earlier.

southernblues":36md3vi1 said:
Great pic. Are these boys running on fescue?
Yes, that's fescue. The bulls are developed on about thirty acres of primarily fescue grass with some clover.
Bulls have access to a 13% ration that does not have any corn in the ration. Not a hot ration. Contains Soy Hulls.
rice bran, and corn glutton.

mrvictordomino":19k1m8c3 said:
southernblues":19k1m8c3 said:
Yes, that's fescue. The bulls are developed on about thirty acres of primarily fescue grass with some clover.
Bulls have access to a 13% ration that does not have any corn in the ration. Not a hot ration. Contains Soy Hulls.
Are you using the CPC grower ration?

Bulls look good.

tom4018":1ixbrrnj said:
mrvictordomino":1ixbrrnj said:
southernblues":1ixbrrnj said:
Are you using the CPC grower ration?

Bulls look good.
Yes Tom, I get it from CPC. The grower ration minus the shelled corn.

TennesseeTuxedo":2zcooctj said:
It is my goal to take one of those fine looking bulls off your hands. I really admire your stock.

TT
Thanks TT.....Anytime your ready! :) :)

Not taking anything away from Danny's bullcalves, but I believe they are best suited to make cows (that is afterall what I believe hereford bulls should be used for), if you already have a highly maternal cowherd, you may do better with a less maternal bull, if you're going to use hereford. Off course if you're after replacements he'd be the first place I'd stop myself.

You can't hardly go wrong with a Hereford over Angus ,Brangus or Gerts..

I Kind of like that boy in the second pic on the left ..Butt , Guts and Nuts .... :D :D :2cents:

KNERSIE":7ffl0eub said:
Not taking anything away from Danny's bullcalves, but I believe they are best suited to make cows (that is afterall what I believe hereford bulls should be used for), if you already have a highly maternal cowherd, you may do better with a less maternal bull, if you're going to use hereford. Off course if you're after replacements he'd be the first place I'd stop myself.
KNERSIE is correct in that this bloodline is a maternal line. There are some other uses I believe that could be of benefit
to cattlemen as well. These cattle are great for calving ease, the REA/cwt is very good, (Last seventy bulls averaged 1.27)
and they are very heat tolerant.

Can't see his but, but from what I can see I like the bull in the back 3rd from the left!

I think he is the middle bull in the next post

I really like the middle bull in this picture. He makes me want to own herfs again!.

group2.jpg

Latest posts