Weaned calves

Help Support CattleToday:

nocows

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a picture of a group of calves I recently weaned, I am pretty proud of this bunch. They are all pretty uniform it's hard to tell but there are 8 calves in the picture the lighting wasn't the best under the shade tree. Disregard the little calf second to last in the picture she was a twin that was bottle fed.

I also wanted to add my experience with the quite wean flaps as I know there are others on this board that have considered using them. This was my second year using them and I have been pretty pleased with the results. Matter of fact the only two calves making a fuss are the two that lost their flaps a day or two into it. I left them in for 8 days then removed them and separated them.

wbvs58 said:
They seem to be uniform and well grown, well done.

I thought you were "No Cows"?????

Ken

Well I had a pretty rough start when I first started building my own herd so the name although not planned was very fitting..... not sure if you can change your username or not :cboy:

Thanks to this forum and all of the knowledgeable people on it I've learned a lot, I really enjoy getting on the site to read posts/threads. It has become part of my daily routine I will log in at some point throughout the day to see what's new!

nocows said:
wbvs58 said:
They seem to be uniform and well grown, well done.

I thought you were "No Cows"?????

Ken

Well I had a pretty rough start when I first started building my own herd so the name although not planned was very fitting..... not sure if you can change your username or not :cboy:

Thanks to this forum and all of the knowledgeable people on it I've learned a lot, I really enjoy getting on the site to read posts/threads. It has become part of my daily routine I will log in at some point throughout the day to see what's new!
You keep it as it is, you are going well. I just can't resist a bit of a dig.

Ken

Latest posts