We can put a man on the moon....

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
....but we still haven't invented an easy-to-use system for 3 point hitches? Or have we? I'd sure like something that would allow a single person to easily guide a tractor into its hitching position. Getting on and off a tractor 20 times is tough at my age. :mad:

The extendable arm ends on the 3pt makes it a snap. Off once, back on, back up enough for them to latch and away you go.

dun":3sci1cty said:
The extendable arm ends on the 3pt makes it a snap. Off once, back on, back up enough for them to latch and away you go.

I've not seen those. By chance would you have some sort of linky?

The extendable arms are usually standard on the tractor I think they started putting them on in the 70s, atleast AC,Ford and JD did

they also make a quick attach system for 3 points where you just back under and pick up and it is all hooked on
Jed would be lost without them :lol: :lol:

Angus Cowman":2atoo89m said:
The extendable arms are usually standard on the tractor I think they started putting them on in the 70s, atleast AC,Ford and JD did

they also make a quick attach system for 3 points where you just back under and pick up and it is all hooked on
Jed would be lost without them :lol: :lol:

I have quick hitches on both my tractors and love them for three point equipment. As always there is a drawback, most hay equipment requires a PTO. I don't bend as good as I used to and it gets kinda tight hooking up the drive shaft. If you are considering one, there are probably twenty different sizes, and don't trust a salesman to give you the right one to fit your equipment. Measure the height between the top link and bottom pins and the width between the bottom pins on all your three point equipment. Then measure the hitch before you buy it. If the measurements vary much between different pieces of your equipment, you may wind up with a hitch that will only fit a couple pieces. Larger class 3 equipment usually doesn't have that problem, but class 2 does.

whitewing":1ftzw0i3 said:
dun":1ftzw0i3 said:

The best I can do is an exploded diagram from the parts catalog
link.gif

whitewing":130rd0zl said:
....but we still haven't invented an easy-to-use system for 3 point hitches? Or have we? I'd sure like something that would allow a single person to easily guide a tractor into its hitching position. Getting on and off a tractor 20 times is tough at my age. :mad:
Reminds me of the millions NASA spent trying to develop a ballpoint pen that would write in any position in weightless conditions......Russia solved the same problem by giving their cosmonauts a #2 pencil.

dun":hael8qln said:

I hav'nt seen these either and its a bit difficult to understand how they work from that .
Is that a hydraulic line or a rubber band in the first one

The quick hitch seems to be the answer though but its an added cost for the part timer.

dun":3gbtzad6 said:
whitewing":3gbtzad6 said:
dun":3gbtzad6 said:

link.gif
#28 slides inside #7 and latches with #15. To let it slide out you push #15 to the side and #28 can be pulled out about 6 inches. That's all the further it will come out.

tytower":3a8ylyyg said:
Is that a hydraulic line or a rubber band in the first one
If you are talking about #20, that is as bungee cord. Some use them to keep them from slapping from side to side when the the 3 point isn't in use.

The Jiffy Hitch looks pretty. The bad part is I would more invested in the hitch then in some of my implements.

Caustic Burno":1lryli1k said:
This is the cats meow of hitches. I am seroiusly thinking of skinning some frogs for these. Sure would be nice for old wore out backs.

http://www.jiffyhitchsystems.com/default.asp
would be alot cheaper just to buy 1 quick attach and mount on the tractor instead of having to buy a jiffy hitch for every piece of equipment
and would work just as well

Latest posts