wasps nest in mineral feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Get a handheld map gas torch and lightem up. Seriously... It only takes a little blast of heat and their wings are gone. One quick swipe knocks most of them down and the rest stay fairly calm until you can get them. That's how I handle wasps in my empty bee equipment since spray and insect housing don't mix.

cowgirl8":1kolz4lz said:
When its within reach I suggest a coffee can of soapy water, you can douse them with the full force and cover them all. But since you mentioned it. If the nest is not too high...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX32S2BHKXk
I just know how uncoordinated I am,, fact I'd have to make a few practice shots before hand....

boondocks":2qm1hu3o said:
callmefence":2qm1hu3o said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2qm1hu3o said:
And here I thought dish soap was strictly for use as a surfactant.

Also good for mounting tires.
And washing your dish's

And your fragile undergarments too ;-)
mine are fragile for sure.. 30 years old,and hanging by threads...

Since I don;t move very fast I prefer the 20 foot squirt wasp killers.

yeah spectracide has a faomer that keeps em from chasing ya..im telling ya of yer allergic this is a real pita

TN Cattle Man":1v68ojk6 said:
dun":1v68ojk6 said:
Since I don;t move very fast I prefer the 20 foot squirt wasp killers.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way... :lol:
Since my hair is black, they love swarming my head and i'm a klutz too .. That's why I started using the soap and a big bucket, or the big size coffee can.. With the sprays, the wasp still fly...and if I can get one good splash on them, almost none fly so I don't have to run. The one we sprayed over the sawmill was a disaster. 75% of them flew off even though they got a direct hit. Then, they'd fly erratic at us. Although that one was too high for the soapy water, no way i'd chance it at a level I could just quickly splash them...

We use a stainless fire extinguisher that you charge through valve stem like one that comes with a baler. Put dish soap in it and you can blast them from almost 30 feet and it drenches them.

I love the cans of spray I buy it in bulk and am pretty good at hitting from a distance. I am semi allergic to Red Waspand the rest hurt. Lucky I don't have any in my feeders knock on wood I don't ever remember having them in feeders. Maybe all the black widows in my feeders keep them away. Every spring I get them in my barns where I park my tractors out by the shop and the porch. They also love my squeeze chute. I go around spraying when I see them and I don't mind using an entire can on one nest.

Latest posts