Warts

Help Support CattleToday:

MountainFarmChar

Reaction score
My Beefmaster bull has developed a couple of warts on his sheath. Any suggestions for treating this?

This is my first experience with warts, never seen any on my Charolais cattle before.

Mountain....,

Suggest a search. There are volumes on warts...in posts..here.

In summary:

1)Don't worry about them...they will go away.
2)Contagous...seperate.
3)Pull off with pliars and put in feed for the animal.(serves to build immunity) :eek:
5) Smash and leave hanging.(immunity)
6)Pull off and put under mother-in-laws back porch. :help:
4)Treat with medicine.(external/internal)
5)Several home remedies. Worth reading...by the way.

etc.

Try....warts*..... for search.

Whatever you try...post back what you tried and the results.

Have you looked at them close enough to insure that they're warts and not ticks?

dun

I have the same stuff on a heifer right now let me know what works for you I havent gave her a shot yet but thinking of it just have torn some off but the warts have yet to leave

We've never had them on a bull's sheath, but on just about every other part of the animal. If they're close to a chute I pinch them off, if they're on a farm without facilities, I ignore them. Same results either way.

cfpinz

I have a limo heifer just covered in warts. Taking the advise to just leave them alone. Well,it seems she just keeps getting more.
I called the lady we bought our beefmasters from to see if she had any ideas. Her young bull has warts the same place as yours. Her vet said to let him cut the warts off and feed them to the bull. That way he would build an immune against them. Afterall warts are a virus. She didn't want to do that. So her husband has been spraying Cut-N- Heal on it. She said it looks like they are going away. I'm going to try it on my heifer starting today.

I had a char steer with warts all over his neck and head.I tried pinching them I fed them to him and did everything that is mentioned here.It didn't work.As a last ditch effort I went to Wal Mart and bought some Equate wart remover and applied that for about three days and within a month all the warts were gone.And so was he. The vet said there are hundreds of strands of that virus and what works on one strand might not work on the other.