Warts - Papillomatosis

Help Support CattleToday:

i noticed today that the warts on the heifer in the picture i posted previously in this thread are gone. they went about as fast as they popped up.

could have but they didnt seem to bother her or itch or anything. you cant tell where they were at all. guess i havent looked at her closely in a few days, just noticed them gone today.

We had one of those as you say"witch doctors." He was the seventh son in his family of about 12 kids. Sounds weird, but he could take'em off. He would touch them and say forget about them. No tying Knots in thread or burying potatoes. They just went away.

my grandmother was telling me about somebody back in our family who was a healer that people would come to get rid of their warts.

A friend's son had warts when he was a child. She took him to the doctor and was told by the doctor (from Univ. of Utah Med. Center in Salt Lake City) to buy the cheapest red fingernail polish that she could find and paint the warts with that. The polish was supposed to cut off the air supply to the wart causing it to fall off. (Don't know why red polish was suggested as to pink or some other color.) The friend did it and the warts disappeared. Guess it would work on a cow. The oil that was suggested probably would work too based upon the same principle.

I was gettin warts on my hands regularly for a couple years for whatever reason.

Initially I went to the doctor and had it froze off. Then I tried the band aid things first, but they never worked, so back to the doctor.

Then they came out with the over the counter freeze kits - (Wartner was the one I used). It isn't pleasant, but it works. Ya gotta make sure ya hold it on there long enough.

Somebody ought make something like that for livestock - the people kit probably wouldn't work that well 'cause the probe you use to freeze the wart with is only about 1/4" in diameter.

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

Latest posts