Wagyu sale Lexington Ky.

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know still trying to decide if I'm going to pull my trailer up there.
We're going to meet with Tom and Donna our friends that have the Wagyu ranch down in Box Springs so I told Tom he should probably bring a trailer LOL.
Most likely I will be in the market for some frozen genetics. But you know how auctions go sometimes you just can't say no.

heifers only tonight
39 heifers the highest one brought $42,500 the lowest was about $5,000.
Average around $15,000
Tomorrow's sale has 142 lots.
Live cattle and frozen.
We Will be in the market for some frozen genetics. There's going to be some pretty high end stuff.
We think there maybe $40,000 a straw on a few of them which is way out of my league LOL.
But that's what happens with people with money that aren't ranchers start buying cattle and genetics.
They cause crazy spikes in certain lineages.
Tonight a heifer sold for $15,000.
2 months ago her maternal sister sold for $400,000 then her brother sold 1/2 ownership for $300,000.
These people with money get somebody in their ear talking up genetics, next thing you know the market's upside down and normal people can't afford good genetics until the next flash in a pan comes along and the price comes down on the older genetics.
Almost all frozen Wagyu genetics prices appear to run a steady bell curve, at least for the last 6 years that I have followed them.
The crazy thing is the data set they (AWA) have for epd is very small so every time there's an update you end up with major changes to your herd. Accuracy is not the best in USA. Australian has much better accuracy.

REALLY glad we didn't pull a trailer 🤣 because my wife would have bought something.

heifers only tonight
39 heifers the highest one brought $42,500 the lowest was about $5,000.
Average around $15,000
Tomorrow's sale has 142 lots.
Live cattle and frozen.
We Will be in the market for some frozen genetics. There's going to be some pretty high end stuff.
We think there maybe $40,000 a straw on a few of them which is way out of my league LOL.
But that's what happens with people with money that aren't ranchers start buying cattle and genetics.
They cause crazy spikes in certain lineages.
Tonight a heifer sold for $15,000.
2 months ago her maternal sister sold for $400,000 then her brother sold 1/2 ownership for $300,000.
These people with money get somebody in their ear talking up genetics, next thing you know the market's upside down and normal people can't afford good genetics until the next flash in a pan comes along and the price comes down on the older genetics.
Almost all frozen Wagyu genetics prices appear to run a steady bell curve, at least for the last 6 years that I have followed them.
The crazy thing is the data set they (AWA) have for epd is very small so every time there's an update you end up with major changes to your herd. Accuracy is not the best in USA. Australian has much better accuracy.

REALLY glad we didn't pull a trailer 🤣 because my wife would have bought something.
They're good at that. Mine wants to go look at a couple more horses tonight. I don't want to spend the money. There's two options in marriage though you can be right or you can be happy.

Latest posts