Wagyu bloodlines ? Where to buy straws ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you using black or reds on your Angus ?

A wiser person would use reds. But I've only used black sires. Partially because that is what has been available via my AI rep. Partially because I've been around black angus my entire life and anything else is blasphemy ;-)

The reds though appear to have more muscle, grow more quickly, and marble very well.

Asking for a friend ( before I get pummeled ). He wants to ai an angus cow to a Wagyu and use a Wagyu/ Angus bull as a clean up and sell the beef to family etc. He asked me what bloodlines to use and where to get the straws. Can someone point him in the right direction ?
I have both full blood wagyu embryos and semen as well as purebred polled wagyu embryos.

Black breed with high percentage of the Tajima breed in both the full blood and polled lineages. All have more than 50% Tajima, and some over 75%. The DNA on them for meat qualities are SCD: AA and Tenderness 10 for the sire and SCD VA and Tenderness 10 for the Dam.
Here is the mix for the Dam: Taj:64.4 Ked:7.6 Tot:0.5 Ito:8.4 Shi:3.1 Oka:0.6 Hir:1.5 Oth:13.4

My daughter had DNA done on a calf she wasnt sure was out of her black magoo. Came back no black waygu, but had 15% red waygu. WTH.... where did that come from... All i can guess is somehow the neighbors red waygu got to one of our cows, and maybe we used that calf as a bull and our bull got out of his pasture into hers. Now, we did get that mutant red bull from that pasture...Thats what i called him because he looked, well, like a mutant. How funny would that be. We've kept so much out of that mutant bull...We may have red waygu all in our herds and didnt know it.

Black breed with high percentage of the Tajima breed in both the full blood and polled lineages. All have more than 50% Tajima, and some over 75%. The DNA on them for meat qualities are SCD: AA and Tenderness 10 for the sire and SCD VA and Tenderness 10 for the Dam.
Here is the mix for the Dam: Taj:64.4 Ked:7.6 Tot:0.5 Ito:8.4 Shi:3.1 Oka:0.6 Hir:1.5 Oth:13.4
Where are you located Billy?

btw. We have embryos at the farm and also at TransOVA in Maryland for shipping.