Voted yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Never have I more more let down when voting as I was yesterday. :help: Still, I know that I have this freedom that others fight and die for every day. You gotta love America, even when you feel as though your choices ring hollow.

I enjoyed it. Felt good voting against the idiots I voted against and while I don't think Papa Smurf has a chance I wrote him in anyway. :nod:

Voting isn;t just just a right or a freedom. It is a responsibility!

dun":2x1tdsds said:

That's why I voted, even though my heart was not in it.

Lammie":2gcyx88g said:
dun":2gcyx88g said:

Me too! Pappa Smurf was my write in choice for a few of the deadbeat incumbants that didn't have anyone running against them. I'm pretty sure he will do a better job than they have.

If you don't vote,you can't gripe--So I renewed my gripeing license..

Putting off voting, but must go before next weeks. It feel like going out to the discarded machinery and having to repair an old worn out piece because you don't have the cash to buy new. A disappointment even within the county.

We voted last week also. But you know what we are still getting those dadblasted advertisements on the boobtube and robot calls on the phone. :lol:

Jogeephus":33c7pfg2 said:
Lammie":33c7pfg2 said:
dun":33c7pfg2 said:

Me too! Pappa Smurf was my write in choice for a few of the deadbeat incumbants that didn't have anyone running against them. I'm pretty sure he will do a better job than they have.

I couldn't wait to vote against one local jerk. When I went to the primary, he was unopposed. Now I get to vote against him! I have been waiting well over a year for this!

Sounds as if you should run for office.

We had several offices unopposed. District Attorney, couple County Commissioners, couple judges, Sheriff. I don't understand it. I guess they are just too popular. Sheriff's been doing a good job. Those County Commissioners jobs aren't too bad. Get ya a new driveway out of it!

Lammie":1zi4b6bn said:

We had several offices unopposed. District Attorney, couple County Commissioners, couple judges, Sheriff. I don't understand it. I guess they are just too popular. Sheriff's been doing a good job. Those County Commissioners jobs aren't too bad. Get ya a new driveway out of it!

Come to think of it, no one has asked me to run in a very long time. People used to ask often. Mostly for the school board. I've never had a hankering to be a politician.

County Commissioners aren't politicians! They are good old boys.

backhoeboogie":vjuyzi07 said:
Lammie":vjuyzi07 said:

Come to think of it, no one has asked me to run in a very long time. People used to ask often. Mostly for the school board. I've never had a hankering to be a politician.

First God created fools. That was for practice. Then he created boards of education. --Mark Twain.

john250":298fwls2 said:
backhoeboogie":298fwls2 said:
Lammie":298fwls2 said:

First God created fools. That was for practice. Then he created boards of education. --Mark Twain.

Now that's good. Really good. Mom used to say something about teachers not being able to do anything else and I don't remember exactly how it went - but it was along the same lines.

If I were to run for political office, I wouldn't bother with the local stuff. You can't accomplish much at that level anyway.

Boogie...my sister is a long time teacher so I am partial to them. Certainly wouldn't want their job, but my dady would say "Those than can...do.....those that can't....teach".... :roll:

TexasBred":3ismrj4d said:
Boogie...my sister is a long time teacher so I am partial to them. Certainly wouldn't want their job, but my dady would say "Those than can...do.....those that can't....teach".... :roll:

That's it.

Teachers don't get paid enough, that's for sure.

Teachers do earn about 3 times that of a commissioner in my county tho :D

Takes a special person to be a school teacher these days. I wouldn't want there job at any price. I'd probably be in jail before the end of the lst day.

TexasBred":3q2wxkqj said:
Takes a special person to be a school teacher these days. I wouldn't want there job at any price. I'd probably be in jail before the end of the lst day.

Don't believe it. The hardest part is the administrative stuff. The kids act the way kids have always acted. They just get sent to different places now. When I was a kid, teachers would have just put up with the kids I have sitting in here with me now. We had an on campus detention thing, but you had to catch something on fire to get sent there. On purpose. That took care of most of the ag boys. You can set a whole lot of things on fire in Ag and say it was an accident. Got kids in here right now who are here because the teachers don't care to try and figure out what makes them tick.

I used to talk a lot, (imagine that), and my teachers would just put me in a play or a story reading contest or in band. Gave me an outlet where I could show out without getting in trouble. I shudder to think of what a teacher now days would do with me.

All the inputting of grades, testing, computer crap teachers have to do takes away time that they could be using to actually teach. What a concept. Teachers teaching.

Latest posts