• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ordered materials for my new building yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
62 x 81

all concrete floor

should be really nice as right now i have everything i can fit into a old horse barn that has manure ground around it.. i have to take an hour to dig everything out of there and my tractor sits in 1' of water :bang:

materials will be here in 3 weeks!

also in other big news.. they grinded up the blacktop road out front and i got the guys to bring me 100 tons of grindings.. i have 1/2 my lane in a nice blacktop road now! free!

OP
D

ddd75

Reaction score
Bright Raven":13j9ibve said:
Good deal. Things are moving in the right direction.
after that.. handling system / building and we'll be in high cotton :banana:

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
Congrats! We just built one this spring, and it has improved the quality of life around here. Wish we'd done it years ago.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Sounds like the barn is going to be nice. I can only imagine your anticipation level. Hope all continues to go smoothly

OP
D

ddd75

Reaction score
last winter I was pushing mud with the tractor axles everyday..

park it in mud.. most of my equipment is outside getting ruined..

i can't wait.. It's going to be crammed full as soon as I get it up. haha

it's goign to be 14' tall also.

OP
D

ddd75

Reaction score
BobbyLummus1":3c4irl3x said:
did you order a pre fab red iron metal building from one of the brokers ? Im in process of doing same thing

no i'm going wood. the steel was too much for me.. i just figured the materials myself and ordered them all through the cheapest channels. i have around 15k in materials so far and i have to buy my posts and concrete..

i did help build one of those red iron buildings one time and they are nice..

wbvs58

Reaction score
Sounds like nice shed. I like the "ambience " of a wooden frame shed but over here the wood costs about twice as much as a steel frame plus labour to build would twice as much. We have a system of building in steel here that is very economical and strong (highest cyclone rating is easily achieved) it uses a lot of light C section and top hat purlins that are rolled sheet metal into a top hat shape that will span large widths for the sheeting to be screwed on.

Ken

hurleyjd

Reaction score
wbvs58":3voqw0iz said:
Sounds like nice shed. I like the "ambience " of a wooden frame shed but over here the wood costs about twice as much as a steel frame plus labour to build would twice as much. We have a system of building in steel here that is very economical and strong (highest cyclone rating is easily achieved) it uses a lot of light C section and top hat purlins that are rolled sheet metal into a top hat shape that will span large widths for the sheeting to be screwed on.

Ken
Top hat purlins sounds like stringers used in aircraft. Aircraft are mfg similar to a steel building. As there are frames every 20 inches are so and the stringers attach to the frames and then the skin is attached to the stringers.

Latest posts