ordered materials for my new building yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
62 x 81

all concrete floor

should be really nice as right now i have everything i can fit into a old horse barn that has manure ground around it.. i have to take an hour to dig everything out of there and my tractor sits in 1' of water :bang:

materials will be here in 3 weeks!

also in other big news.. they grinded up the blacktop road out front and i got the guys to bring me 100 tons of grindings.. i have 1/2 my lane in a nice blacktop road now! free!

Bright Raven":13j9ibve said:
Good deal. Things are moving in the right direction.
after that.. handling system / building and we'll be in high cotton :banana:

Congrats! We just built one this spring, and it has improved the quality of life around here. Wish we'd done it years ago.

Sounds like the barn is going to be nice. I can only imagine your anticipation level. Hope all continues to go smoothly

last winter I was pushing mud with the tractor axles everyday..

park it in mud.. most of my equipment is outside getting ruined..

i can't wait.. It's going to be crammed full as soon as I get it up. haha

it's goign to be 14' tall also.

BobbyLummus1":3c4irl3x said:
did you order a pre fab red iron metal building from one of the brokers ? Im in process of doing same thing

no i'm going wood. the steel was too much for me.. i just figured the materials myself and ordered them all through the cheapest channels. i have around 15k in materials so far and i have to buy my posts and concrete..

i did help build one of those red iron buildings one time and they are nice..

Sounds like nice shed. I like the "ambience " of a wooden frame shed but over here the wood costs about twice as much as a steel frame plus labour to build would twice as much. We have a system of building in steel here that is very economical and strong (highest cyclone rating is easily achieved) it uses a lot of light C section and top hat purlins that are rolled sheet metal into a top hat shape that will span large widths for the sheeting to be screwed on.

Ken

wbvs58":3voqw0iz said:
Sounds like nice shed. I like the "ambience " of a wooden frame shed but over here the wood costs about twice as much as a steel frame plus labour to build would twice as much. We have a system of building in steel here that is very economical and strong (highest cyclone rating is easily achieved) it uses a lot of light C section and top hat purlins that are rolled sheet metal into a top hat shape that will span large widths for the sheeting to be screwed on.

Ken
Top hat purlins sounds like stringers used in aircraft. Aircraft are mfg similar to a steel building. As there are frames every 20 inches are so and the stringers attach to the frames and then the skin is attached to the stringers.

Latest posts