I voted!

Help Support CattleToday:

Well Quinn is history and single issue voting is a lot like single trait selection in cattle breeding. Not a balanced approach.[/quote]
If someone is morally sound then they will most likely be sound in every other way. So no it's not single issue voting, it's key issue voting.[/quote]
I'm sure you looked all the other issues the candidate supports or endorsed. At least I hope so.[/quote]
I'm not a knit wit hook, even if it appears that way. :lol:

sim.-ang.king":2vbvh7wf said:
kucala5":2vbvh7wf said:
sim.-ang.king":2vbvh7wf said:
I voted, first time ever I didn't vote for a R governor.
But all that matters is how Chi-town votes.
Wow, Quinn has failed Illinois, why not Rauner?
Rauner is just a democrat in republican clothing. I only vote based on if they are pro life, and Rauner never said he was.[/quote
I'm strongly pro life as well but if we don't get our fiscal house in order nation wide I think we are doomed. I have family in Illinois that are small business owners that need a break.

sim.-ang.king":2c39sizv said:

Well Quinn is history and single issue voting is a lot like single trait selection in cattle breeding. Not a balanced approach.
If someone is morally sound then they will most likely be sound in every other way. So no it's not single issue voting, it's key issue voting.[/quote]
I'm sure you looked all the other issues the candidate supports or endorsed. At least I hope so.[/quote]
I'm not a knit wit hook, even if it appears that way. :lol:[/quote]
"Must be all that scruff lol"

Lemme see here---which one most looks like a nitwit? Geeze--this is a hard one--maybe a little graphic help is in order.
In this corner...
sim.-ang-king
file.php

And in this o=corner, someone with their head up their butt...
file.php

No disagreement that I can imagine on this one :nod: :nod: :nod:

Named'em Tamed'em":1ngl5nd5 said:
Of course I voted and I'm a GDI . Go-d Dam-n Independent just like College. Don't lump me in with any group.
Which party do most congressional independents caucus with in congress?

I'm happy with results in Arkansas and much of the nation. This is the first time in 141 years that Arkansas has been all red. Both senators, all 4 reps, and the Gov, along with the large majority of state seats. As good as I felt last night, I still question the end result. My wife told me someone wrote on facebook "republicans and democrats are just different cheeks on the same butt".
It was interesting to see the wide margins that republicans won by here. Very large majority. I posted on here a couple years ago, keep your eyes on Arkansas. I suspect we will have national attention we've never had soon, some good, some bad. And FYI, the EBOLA senator, Mark Pryor, the freaking MORON, lost by a very large margin. It was called a landslide back in the day. Now it's just "a referendum on Obama's policies".

Another thing that I found interesting, we had a proposition to turn the entire state wet. It failed. So, those of us in dry counties still have to drive to the wet ones to buy alcohol, or in my case Oklahoma is much closer. I'm all for keeping government as local as possible, but when it's perfectly legal for me to buy alcohol in another county or state, transport to my county, possess in my county, consume in my county, etc, in my dry county, it trips my trigger that I can't buy a 30 pack at the convenience store, or a beer with my meal. I have to drive 65 miles for wine or whiskey, or beer over 3.2%. If this is the only price I have to pay for living in a solid red state I can deal with it.

greybeard":1t3xhyvs said:
Named'em Tamed'em":1t3xhyvs said:
Of course I voted and I'm a GDI . Go-d Dam-n Independent just like College. Don't lump me in with any group.
I always thought that word caucus was appropriate for those independents that hang out on the left

Ouachita":t3uwm4u2 said:
greybeard":t3uwm4u2 said:
Named'em Tamed'em":t3uwm4u2 said:
I always thought that word caucus was appropriate for those independents that hang out on the left
Probably because most do in Congress.

Most congressional independents are IINOs--independents In Name Only. They caucus with the democrats.
Jim Jeffords switched from R to I in 2001, with many believing he would be the tie breaker for the Senate GOP--wrong. He agreed to vote D if he was made Chair of the Senate Environment and public works committee.

Representative Bernie Sanders was an independent member of the United States House of Representatives for Vermont-at-large from 1991 to 2007. Sanders later won the open Senate seat of Jim Jeffords as an independent. Joe Lieberman is a former Democrat who, like Lowell P. Weicker, Jr., ran under a third party (Connecticut for Lieberman Party) in the 2006 election. Though both representatives are technically independent politicians, they caucus with the Democrats. In 2006, Sanders and Lieberman were the only two victorious independent candidates for Congress. In 2012 Angus King was elected to the US Senate as an Independent from Maine. As of 2014, he has caucused with the Democrats.

Had Greg Orman (he ran as independent) won the Kansas Senate race, almost everyone agrees he too would caucus and vote with the Ds.

Independent, tho is not to be confused with Libertarian--they are completely different.

I am a few weeks late, but yes sir, I definitely voted. I called a few relatives to make sure they voted. I told them if they didn't, they would lose their work insurance in a few years, and then they could plan on the government killing them off when they turned 65 when they were forced on Obamacare.
I am so proud that Gruber couldn't keep his mouth shut. What a dumb ass! The rest of the people that have him hired for anything, better start dumping him too, or he will tell everything that he knows about them, if he hasn't already.

Loose lips sink ships! :nod:

Latest posts