I voted!

Help Support CattleToday:

We have several important state constitutional amendments on the ballot this year so I wanted to have my say so. As far as actual elected officials it won't much matter because we're a very red county in a red state but I'm glad I made the effort to cast my vote for them too.

I'm grateful to live in a free representative republic.

We've got medical mj on the ballot, but the wording is so ambiguous it's a joke. And it's a state amendment, which once voted in is incredibly hard to change. On top of that it protects "caregivers" from legal action. And a caregiver can be anyone including a grower or a dealer. No definitions on what medical conditions qualify, or anything.
Then we have the flip flipping governor candidate. Served 2 terms as a republican, then switched parties to run again this go because he couldn't get a job in Washington.

M5farm":2ldhman8 said:
Voted 10 times . Hope I can make a difference.
Your new name is M5farm(D).

I voted about a month ago via absentee ballot. This year is interesting as the judge race is the biggest mud slinging contest I've seen in a while. We don't have anything national going on but I'm hoping for a red wave.

I did also. I rarely miss a chance.

Many years ago I heard a man say "I always vote for the incumbent, and it doesn't matter if it's for President or dog-catcher. " Of course someone asked him why. He said "I just hate to see an honest man turn crooked. "

This time we don't have many incumbents in the state wide races, so I couldn't follow that advice.

How can you have mud with no water?

I voted about a month ago via absentee ballot. This year is interesting as the judge race is the biggest mud slinging contest I've seen in a while. We don't have anything national going on but I'm hoping for a red wave.[/quote]

It's important to vote. My state is one that should gain a red senator. I see KY held...go Mitch!

Yes, it is very important to vote. GA has a governor and senate race that will be very close. I always try to vote early. Got my mother an absentee ballot since she is in the nursing home and not able go to the polls. She is almost 91, but her mind is sharp as can be. She always wants to vote. Hope everyone else got out and voted.

I did but the fella standing in the slot beside me almost didn't. See we are given yellow credit card looking things to slip in the polling machine. In bold letters it says this side up and a huge arrow pointing in the direction you are to insert it. Four tries later he got it right. God help us.

sim.-ang.king":1rznk0so said:
I voted, first time ever I didn't vote for a R governor.
But all that matters is how Chi-town votes.
Wow, Quinn has failed Illinois, why not Rauner?

I voted early but figured I had lost my vote in the senate race. Seems I was wrong. Just seen the results and it seems that a republican has beaten the democrat that was in the seat. His worst enemy was Obama.

Latest posts