Products of Yesterday Year...

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":3omfoktg said:
ga.prime":3omfoktg said:
I remember clackers. That would sure enough hurt to get hit upside head with a set. I think the ones I had ended up wrapped around a light wire. Remember those parachute men you could get for 10 cents? You wrapped it up and threw in the air and it would parachute down? I wrapped a rock in mine so I could throw it higher and threw it up and the rock fell on the hood of my neighbor's car.
yeah, I sure miss those old M80's and cherry bombs to...a box of those,and get those creative juices flowin' .. :cowboy:
So true. Cherry bombs came in a box like shotgun shells and sounded like a sonic boom when one went off. Only regret I had with those is I tied a rock on one and dropped in one of my grandpa's concrete water troughs and when it sank to the bottom and went off it cracked the three inch thick wall.

ga.prime":ynxfedbp said:
ALACOWMAN":ynxfedbp said:
ga.prime":ynxfedbp said:
I remember clackers. That would sure enough hurt to get hit upside head with a set. I think the ones I had ended up wrapped around a light wire. Remember those parachute men you could get for 10 cents? You wrapped it up and threw in the air and it would parachute down? I wrapped a rock in mine so I could throw it higher and threw it up and the rock fell on the hood of my neighbor's car.
yeah, I sure miss those old M80's and cherry bombs to...a box of those,and get those creative juices flowin' .. :cowboy:
So true. Cherry bombs came in a box like shotgun shells and sounded like a sonic boom when one went off. Only regret I had with those is I tied a rock on one and dropped in one of my grandpa's concrete water troughs and when it sank to the bottom and went off it cracked the three inch thick wall.
Bet he was proud of you.. :cowboy:

He didn't go off on me too bad , Al. You know how a cherry bomb would make a big splash if you just tossed one on the water. I was thinking it would make a bigger splash under the water. Not true. The trough was maybe 2 ft deep and it barely make a ripple on the surface from the shock waves when it went off and the sound was completely muffled but it started leaking out the the bottom instantly. Grandpa didn't have to tell me not to do that again.

ga.prime":1inkufrg said:
He didn't go off on me too bad , Al. You know how a cherry bomb would make a big splash if you just tossed one on the water. I was thinking it would make a bigger splash under the water. Not true. The trough was maybe 2 ft deep and it barely make a ripple on the surface from the shock waves when it went off and the sound was completely muffled but it started leaking out the the bottom instantly. Grandpa didn't have to tell me not to do that again.
A river really muffled the blast, wedge em between a tree limb, and submerge...for a great day of fishing... Cat,bass,brim,perch..all caught with the same bait.... :cowboy:

Feed came in 100# bags. 50s were for women, children or fools who didn't understand the economy of scale.

Remember when # meant pound, and was actually called the pound sign?

Latest posts