Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of vaccines for virus now one comes to mind the rabies virus vaccine. In today world a virus can spread much more rapidly around the world. With the Spanish flu if started in China at that time it would take many days by boat to come and go now days only a few days. Hope people that goes to Church are protected by their Lord. Better be careful with the Lords supper and commune in church. Who ever that counts the offering of money better be careful also.
On another note there have been a lot of pandemics in the world over the years bubonic plague, cholera, and anthrax to name three.
"A Disease of Biblical Proportions A depiction of the Black Death from a 15th century Bible. Bubonic plague, a bacterial infection characterized by swollen, painful lymph nodes called buboes, has long been blamed for killing one-third or more of Europeans in the mid-14th century."
The plague was mentioned in the book of Samuel in the Bible.

Humans have learned the causes and why and what to do to prevent these three.

Caustic Burno said:
My grandpa and two great aunts died from it, dad got it he was five years old as well as a couple of older uncles. It came in two waves as well with the second being the deadliest. It mutated on the second wave. He told me it was especially bad news for the adults and if caught, they went to building your casket. This is one of the reasons I don't place much stock in social distancing. Couldn't get more distance than rural east Texas farming at that time. The government did issue quarantine measures similar to today's, didn't work. The virus had to run it's course.
Herd immunity was the eventual cure.
Globalization of WWI caused the rapid spread and dispersal around the world.
Not much different today with global travel every where.

So much wrong with that....... I don't even know where to begin.

greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
My grandpa and two great aunts died from it, dad got it he was five years old as well as a couple of older uncles. It came in two waves as well with the second being the deadliest. It mutated on the second wave. He told me it was especially bad news for the adults and if caught, they went to building your casket. This is one of the reasons I don't place much stock in social distancing. Couldn't get more distance than rural east Texas farming at that time. The government did issue quarantine measures similar to today's, didn't work. The virus had to run it's course.
Herd immunity was the eventual cure.
Globalization of WWI caused the rapid spread and dispersal around the world.
Not much different today with global travel every where.

So much wrong with that....... I don't even know where to begin.

Why would I expect anything different from space the Self Proclaimed Expert Concerning Everything!
So as not to confuse you I purposely changed out the A in the acronym.
Here you go Space

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus

hurleyjd said:
There are a lot of vaccines for virus now one comes to mind the rabies virus vaccine. In today world a virus can spread much more rapidly around the world. With the Spanish flu if started in China at that time it would take many days by boat to come and go now days only a few days. Hope people that goes to Church are protected by their Lord. Better be careful with the Lords supper and commune in church. Who ever that counts the offering of money better be careful also.
On another note there have been a lot of pandemics in the world over the years bubonic plague, cholera, and anthrax to name three.
"A Disease of Biblical Proportions A depiction of the Black Death from a 15th century Bible. Bubonic plague, a bacterial infection characterized by swollen, painful lymph nodes called buboes, has long been blamed for killing one-third or more of Europeans in the mid-14th century."
The plague was mentioned in the book of Samuel in the Bible.

Humans have learned the causes and why and what to do to prevent these three.

Should not be happening here, even god has to accept oour gov ban on places of worship....so I guess the devout must practice from home atm.

I am not, nor have I ever implied that I am an expert. If you inferred that, well, that's on your shoulders.

There is absolutely zero evidence that distancing does NOT work.
Your "Run it's course" philosophy even proves it. When you decimate a population by death, the number of people close to each other decreases proportionately, which increases the distancing between them.

Vaccines work quite well if
1. There are only one or very few strains or types and they are identified. Poliovirus has only 3 known human types and 2 of the 3 have all but been eradicated because each was eradicated at a time. If, polio presented itself as a different strain each year we would not have been as successful. The same with smallpox. Just two common strains, and 2 very rare strains. The common strains are variola minor and variola major, with the latter being the most serious one. A vaccine was formulated to address both, as well as monkey pox and cowox. If, either polio or smallpox had as many different strains and types as influenza does, it's doubtful we would have been successful with those vaccines. And that's why we have so many many flu cases.
2. People actually bother to get the vaccine. Lots do not. Idiots.
3. CDC is successful in predicting which strains will present themselves that flu season. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Influenza A is the most common seasonal type, with 2 sub-types, but each of those sub-types have their own sub-types, totaling 29 sub-types and they in turn have 132 sub/subtypes, so it's very difficult to make the correct 'guess' in time to formulate which vaccine to develop and produce.

We all vaccinate (I hope) our cattle, (including you CB) because we know they work, but when one becomes ill, the first thing we do is isolate it from the rest of the herd...distancing.

greybeard said:
I am not, nor have I ever implied that I am an expert. If you inferred that, well, that's on your shoulders.

There is absolutely zero evidence that distancing does NOT work.
Your "Run it's course" philosophy even proves it. When you decimate a population by death, the number of people close to each other decreases proportionately, which increases the distancing between them.

Vaccines work quite well if
1. There are only one or very few strains or types and they are identified. Poliovirus has only 3 known human types and 2 of the 3 have all but been eradicated because each was eradicated at a time. If, polio presented itself as a different strain each year we would not have been as successful. The same with smallpox. Just two common strains, and 2 very rare strains. The common strains are variola minor and variola major, with the latter being the most serious one. A vaccine was formulated to address both, as well as monkey pox and cowox. If, either polio or smallpox had as many different strains and types as influenza does, it's doubtful we would have been successful with those vaccines. And that's why we have so many many flu cases.
2. People actually bother to get the vaccine. Lots do not. Idiots.
3. CDC is successful in predicting which strains will present themselves that flu season. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Influenza A is the most common seasonal type, with 2 sub-types, but each of those sub-types have their own sub-types, totaling 29 sub-types and they in turn have 132 sub/subtypes, so it's very difficult to make the correct 'guess' in time to formulate which vaccine to develop and produce.

We all vaccinate (I hope) our cattle, (including you CB) because we know they work, but when one becomes ill, the first thing we do is isolate it from the rest of the herd...distancing.
There are clinical trials going on for a Universal vaccine for the Flu and Somewhere I read about a vaccine being trial tested for covid 19.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/02/27/807743274/researchers-step-up-efforts-to-develop-a-universal-flu-vaccine

That sounds good JD and I hope they are successful. Note that one, is Phase 1 testing. Phase 1 usually means it is being tested to see if it is safe and during this test phase, it's not the real or complete product that is being given to test subjects. So many different ways they can attack a virus...or so few, depending how one looks at it.

Yeah 100% correct, a vaccine will work well on covid as it is a virus that mutates slowly. I believe they will eradicate it with vaccines. I think there is quite a few vaccines already in development for it. I'm surprised CB wouldn't be aware of that the flu mutates fast making vaccines unreliable. But still worth getting.

Not sure who your asking.....but here in a country town, all the things they say people panic buy are still missing....

No toilet paper, hand cleaner, soaps, pasta, etc etc

Only now are the retailers getting it, the checkouts ask you to stand back......lol......and now many retailers have perspex shields like in banks here, but not to stop theft....

It is now sort of getting bit crazy.

What has changed ?

Well the govts are enforcing the distancing, it clearly shows how a huge part of the population has no ability to think for themselves and heed advice given for over a month, most people need to be told.

The staff seemed edgy too me, of course the employers will be giving them all direction now and rules, no more groups of staff laughing and joking together, the irony is, they are less likely to have a problem now than weeks ago.

The staff in many places on public display spraying things and wiping things down.

See a few ding dongs wearing masks, the kind that leak air everywhere when you breath in, good for me if they cough though.

Also good that not legal to be out in groups of more than 2, but still see quite a few who missed kindergarten and cannot count......lol.......it means when you have to shop, not these big mobs.

That link came after seeing a report on how there is already multiple strains.

I wonder if the tests catch all mutations....

greggy said:
That link came after seeing a report on how there is already multiple strains.

I wonder if the tests catch all mutations....
From what I've read, the mutations thus far are very slight changes. The change the researchers warily watch & look for is in the spike or S protein. If that changes significantly, it will make developing a vaccine much more difficult.
Genomes are like everything else that evolves..they don't normally make a change for no reason. As long as it can do it's work and 'infect' new cells, it has no 'reason' to change much.

I also read something about there may be a lot with resistance already, but I did not read all the details, I guess people working for papers etc need to write about something and this gives them lots of ammo.

Seeing some young people think it is nothing for them to worry about, although maybe often not as bad, maybe they should read this persons account.....pretty bad for her.

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/22-year-old-coronavirus-patient-shares-her-experience-calls-it-dehum.html

Yesterday's (Mar31) briefing touched on that, when the President mentioned they weren't able to assume "100% of America will be doing what they should be doing".

Even after hearing today's briefing, I'm sure there are some who will try to rationalize the seriousness, downplay it or just ignore it all together.

This, doesn't look promising.
ddapr1.jpg

Perspective for the flat earthers:

on average, NHTSA states 104 people in the US die each day in Auto accidents.
The most recent year that data is available, 2018, 36,560 died in auto and motorcycle crashes.
36,560 ÷ 365 days=101.16 auto deaths/day.

on average, CDC says 101 people in the US die each day from seasonal Flu.
The flu season varies but CDC generally considers it to run from Oct1 thru May1..that is 7 months.
7 months x 30 days=210 days.
34,200 deaths in 2018-19 flu season ÷ 210 days = 162.8 deaths per day.

The flu doesn't recognize months tho. People die from the flu all during the year.
For any given year, the average is 36,000 (some years higher, some years lower,) but the average is 36,000.

36,000 ÷ 365 = 98.6 deaths from flu per day. Take whichever values you wish but:
Mar 31 Covid-19 deaths has now been updated (and may be again) 912 died from Covid-19 yesterday.

Yeah, that is the prob, it is no flu.

You want people to get it and become resistant in an orderly fashion that the health system of each area can handle.

Waiting for a vac is mindless imo at this point.

We have gone in a difficult direction, not total lockdown and stop of virus, but enough to cripple economy....

It is kinda like they are battling themselves, eradication or flatten curve, they may flatten it too far here, so many packages and money people will stop work and close up etc, which will really slow it....

Prob is govts are now run by social media and polls......

Ok ok....so what is the fake news....or who is copying who...? 😀

Trump said the other day....US is doing more testing than anyone, anyone....

Our PM today, were doing more testing than anyone....

lol.....someone, or, both are wrong.....

Ha ha ha....

Not sure if an Asian boob would be big enough for my snout, I am sure I have some old anti virus CDs somewhere, but..... Which is best, Norton, McAfee, AVG ???

On a serious note, may as well use a CD, people have it all wrong, you see the twits hear wearing them thinking that makes them safe......most leak air like a large sieve....

The mask of any kind is great if it stops a sneeze or cough from spraying droplets everywhere, this is what masks are for, so the wearer does not give it to others...or spread flu or whatever is spewing from our infected systems :)

is it true that all citizens have been directed to wear masks in US, I glanced at something like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts