Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greggy..Strongly suggested is what I got from the current mask recomendations.. Electric power has been off here most of the day so I haven't caught up with news things yet.

The everyday use masks they are talking about generally won't filter out a virus particle, but will retain the much larger moisture particles we cough, sneeze and even expel in our everyday breathing and pronouncements of words with certain letter letters in them."k' and 'p' for instance. We've all seen how much moisture we expel in our breath just by observing our breath on a cold day. That's what wearing even a cloth mask is meant to curtail. One in 4 people that are infected show no symptoms and may not their entire infection period, but they are shedding virus particles none the less...infecting others.

Virus particles are very small and light. There is now some research that says the moisture droplets we expel are so light they stay suspended in air and can be carried into ventilation systems. The masks again, keep those droplets inside the masks.
how small?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xTKxbIElU

Silver said:
I understand Trump is trying to prevent 3M from exporting N95 masks to Canada.

That would not surprise.

About the time thread started it was said US sent people everywhere trying to secure medical supplies.

NY is asking other states to share stuff, maybe the hoarding fever is everywhere.......still no loo paper, pasta, cleaning products etc here, some businesses are booming while many are dying or dead.

We are a fickle modern society that gets so panicked it seems, there is no shortage of these things here, everyone has become a prepper.....I still cannot get over how worried about the rear end many are.....

Remember how ridiculed even the moderate preppers were.....wonder what a poll would say now :) :D

greybeard said:
Greggy..Strongly suggested is what I got from the current mask recomendations.. Electric power has been off here most of the day so I haven't caught up with news things yet.

The everyday use masks they are talking about generally won't filter out a virus particle, but will retain the much larger moisture particles we cough, sneeze and even expel in our everyday breathing and pronouncements of words with certain letter letters in them."k' and 'p' for instance. We've all seen how much moisture we expel in our breath just by observing our breath on a cold day. That's what wearing even a cloth mask is meant to curtail. One in 4 people that are infected show no symptoms and may not their entire infection period, but they are shedding virus particles none the less...infecting others.

Virus particles are very small and light. There is now some research that says the moisture droplets we expel are so light they stay suspended in air and can be carried into ventilation systems. The masks again, keep those droplets inside the masks.
how small?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xTKxbIElU

Cloth masks to help stop spread is a good idea.

They are resisting that here because they know a percentage are so selfish they would get hold of or steal medical masks and threaten the health systems potentially.

People been stealing hand cleaner from hospitals, staff now hide them and keep locked up and not in public access areas.

Listened to a doctor tonight who said that they could spray the mask with a fine mist of hydrogen peroxide and sterilize the mask and use over and over.

hurleyjd said:
Listened to a doctor tonight who said that they could spray the mask with a fine mist of hydrogen peroxide and sterilize the mask and use over and over.

My sister has Lyme Disease and she has done this for years when she needs to wear a mask.

Also, here a tip on modifying a regular mask, take a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag and cut it to shape and attach it to the inside of the regular mask. It will filter much more.

sstterry said:
hurleyjd said:

My sister has Lyme Disease and she has done this for years when she needs to wear a mask.

Also, here a tip on modifying a regular mask, take a HEPA vacuum cleaner bag and cut it to shape and attach it to the inside of the regular mask. It will filter much more.

Great suggestion sstterry.

callmefence said:
Silver said:

I would hope so....

The pulp they use to make those masks comes from a mill in Canada.
Canadian Nurses cross the border every day to work in the US treating Covid patients.
I hope we don't cut off the support the US so desperately needs.

Silver said:
callmefence said:
Silver said:

I would hope so....

Canadian Nurses cross the border every day to work in the US treating Covid patients.

Wouldn't blame you if you did
My wife has multiple nurses come through her office daily and many days she wears a homemade cotton mask. Everyone needs to take care of themselves instead of crying about who's not helping them.

callmefence said:
Silver said:
callmefence said:
I would hope so....

My wife has multiple nurses come through her office daily and many days she wears a homemade cotton mask. Everyone needs to take care of themselves instead of crying about who's not helping them.

Nobody wins when childish games are played.

Silver said:
callmefence said:
Silver said:

This ain't no game rancher

callmefence said:
Silver said:
callmefence said:

Then Trump should quit treating like a game

Silver said:
callmefence said:
Silver said:

Maybe you shouldn't worry about what Trump does. I mean hell y'all cry about how he doesn't handle things right , but you insist he sends you supplies that his country needs. Doesn't make sense until I noticed Everytime someone has a different opinion on something you seem to take it personal. I understand you wanting the us supplies. That's your opinion.
Mine is you keep your pulp and we'll keep our mask. And as far as Trump goes....I don't think you get a vote.
Fair enough...

callmefence said:
Silver said:
callmefence said:

Maybe you shouldn't worry about what Trump does. I mean be nice y'all cry about how he doesn't handle things right , but you insist he sends you supplies that his country needs. Doesn't make sense until I noticed Everytime someone has a different opinion on something you seem to take it personal. I understand you wanting the us supplies. That's your opinion.
Mine is you keep your pulp and we'll keep our mask. And as far as Trump goes....I don't think you get a vote.
Fair enough...

No pulpy no masky Hobbyhorse

hurleyjd said:
If you use regular cloth on the outside, and sew in an an inner layer of flannel inside you can create a sewn in pocket between the 2 layers for disposable filter medium.

Patterns here:
https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/

Silver said:
callmefence said:
Silver said:

Maybe you shouldn't worry about what Trump does. I mean be nice y'all cry about how he doesn't handle things right , but you insist he sends you supplies that his country needs. Doesn't make sense until I noticed Everytime someone has a different opinion on something you seem to take it personal. I understand you wanting the us supplies. That's your opinion.
Fair enough...

No pulpy no masky Hobbyhorse

Who's being childish...lol

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
Silver said:

I would hope so....

I disagree. We should work with Canada on this thing, Mexico too. Make North America Great Again!

That's kind of how I see it. There is a lot of essential products cross the borders every day that we all need. Whether we like it or not North America's economies are very integrated so any knee jerk reactions can have severe consequences some of which are obvious and some we might not see until we are all in trouble.

Silver said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
I would hope so....

I disagree. We should work with Canada on this thing, Mexico too. Make North America Great Again!

That's kind of how I see it. There is a lot of essential products cross the borders every day that we all need. Whether we like it or not North America's economies are very integrated so any knee jerk reactions can have severe consequences some of which are obvious and some we might not see until we are all in trouble.

I think the western world needs to start an ABC movement, Anywhere but China. They should pay for what they unleashed on the world. Did you know they've reopened the wet markets? Despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts