Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is possible, I have not looked that close....but US should have far more honest numbers than say China.....right ?

Some of the doctors and victims relatives have come out saying the person had no illness or chronic existing disease...and have been taken at quite young ages.

I was being told about a young woman and it was reported a whole ago the 36 yr old aussie guy, but I do not know what care he got.

NY post article

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-killing-one-person-every-17-minutes-in-new-york/news-story/1f083aa896c1083302548921533aff8b

TexasBred said:
callmefence said:
greggy said:
Whats the general attitude now US has passed China & among those who do not think people are cattle ? 😀

China is going back to business it seems, but they had strict lockdown and tracing.

The US numbers do not look good, if you look at the deaths in some states in 24hr is same as NY. So the numbers being low in some states do not add up to me.

I think it is far worse there, and here, some not obeying isolation here either.

Without being strict, there is little chance of getting back to normal in a short period.

Your not going to get the masses too accept just soldiering on and ignoring deaths, straight up, those thinking that can forget it, it wont happen it seems.

It already has gone from like 4 to 3 new cases in the central Texas area. A real barn burner...lol
I reckon it doesn't like the Texas heat to much....kinda like the flu....one thing is for sure, if it goes away the naysayers will say that the lockdown worked. If it kills half the pop. They will say Trump moved to slow. ..y'all take a deep breath, tell Canada to hold uncle Sam's beer, he's got this ....as always....

Fence, McClennan County just one county north of you I think now has 33 cases with several in ICU

With Waco being the seat and the interstate travel through Waco I don't find that surprising.
Still none in lampasas or Mills, Burnet I think has had 1. Williamson has had around 40 iirc all in the south, none north of Georgetown.
I reckon we'll see a spike with this cool front.
Might be a year to not bytch about a early summer..lol
Good to hear from you. You stay safe, I hear it's rough on geezer's.... ;-)

callmefence said:
TexasBred said:
callmefence said:
It already has gone from like 4 to 3 new cases in the central Texas area. A real barn burner...lol
I reckon it doesn't like the Texas heat to much....kinda like the flu....one thing is for sure, if it goes away the naysayers will say that the lockdown worked. If it kills half the pop. They will say Trump moved to slow. ..y'all take a deep breath, tell Canada to hold uncle Sam's beer, he's got this ....as always....

Fence, McClennan County just one county north of you I think now has 33 cases with several in ICU

With Waco being the seat and the interstate travel through Waco I don't find that surprising.
Still none in lampasas or Mills, Burnet I think has had 1. Williamson has had around 40 iirc all in the south, none north of Georgetown.

My daughter lives in Williamson Co. and works in Austin at a doctor's office. 6 month old baby at home. My wife is a nervous wreck about it.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
TexasBred said:

My daughter lives in Williamson Co. and works in Austin at a doctor's office. 6 month old baby at home. My wife is a nervous wreck about it.

I'm sure ,and while I'm sure there is nothing we can do to help
Let me know if there is

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:

Let me know if there is

Thanks. I'm sure they'll be fine, but thanks.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Let me know if there is

Thanks. I'm sure they'll be fine, but thanks.

Just for a little irony.... working today on a field for a fellow from round Rock. Bought him a little 10 acre tract between Briggs and Mahomet. My job is to get the field smooth enough to mow with his zero turn at full speed and get some Bermuda grass going. He does mortgage's, and he is the best there is at. I know cause he told me.... names James... from round Rock ... maybe you know him.

There will be a lot of cruise discounts after this.....what a disaster they have proven to be.

Around 10% of our known cases came from cruise ships one way or another.

https://amp.theaustralian.com.au/world/coronavirus-passengers-dead-aboard-cruise-ship/news-story/96f5549147b7ff14ea63b289c12259be

A second nasty day for Italians.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-deaths-spike-in-italy-as-country-reports-its-deadliest-day-since-outbreak-began-c-768400.amp

greggy said:
There will be a lot of cruise discounts after this.....what a disaster they have proven to be.

Around 10% of our known cases came from cruise ships one way or another.

https://amp.theaustralian.com.au/world/coronavirus-passengers-dead-aboard-cruise-ship/news-story/96f5549147b7ff14ea63b289c12259be

Couldn't pay me to go on a cruise.

I like cruises, all the things we are doing now are good practice on a cruise.

But they will struggle once this dies down.

As I write, another woman has died after being on one of the problem cruises that disembarked here.

Well, thread is not even 2 weeks old.....

Everytime I glance at the box, world cases seem to go up another 100k now.

As thought, US was in for a bit of trouble, I note many still think there is nothing too see, I really hope the doubters at least do what they can.

It would seem, every few days now, it will get even more complicated and desperate if you become ill and need help.

As it ramps up in places where they do not test or do not report etc, ot is going to be mayhem it seems.

Who on CT has had a test or tested positive ?

I think IIRC when this thread started.....

We had cases known in the 3 hundreds

US was about 5 or 6 k

Italy was in trouble.

We are closing in on 4k known cases and US 120k plus....

I think the real complications come soon.

We had a magazine here, that used a slogan.....what the diffence a day makes.....how appropriare now.

Each day in many places now will make a big diff in outcomes, I think April is when many need to be real careful as help may not be readily available if you need it.

Here in Western Australia they only test cruise ship people, people who have been overseas and anyone close to those people. They didnt have the resources to test more. But they fully expected to see people start presenting at clinics with breathing difficulties as the virus takes hold. Fortunately that hasn't been the case and we seem to be ahead of the curve. Still rising but mostly people who picked it up from overseas. Very few community spread. I believe they are now expanding testing into communities.

greggy said:

As thought, US was in for a bit of trouble, I note many still think there is nothing too see, I really hope the doubters at least do what they can.

It would seem, every few days now, it will get even more complicated and desperate if you become ill and need help.

As it ramps up in places where they do not test or do not report etc, ot is going to be mayhem it seems.

One case reported in our county yesterday. Don't know anyone that has it, know of a few that may have been exposed.

Some bean counters are now including suspected cases...cases not yet confirmed...into the count of known cases. Probably never get close to hearing an actual number now. Anyone with allergies and sneezes probably gets counted now. :2cents:

Some bean counters are now including suspected cases...cases not yet confirmed...into the count of known cases. Probably never get close to hearing an actual number now. Anyone with allergies and sneezes probably gets counted now.
How many, of the millions who get flu each year, are actually lab tested for it?
Not many.
That's how CDC has always done flu cases, which is why flu is always stated by CDC in "estimated' numbers. Drs usually just assign "flu" based on symptoms and season.
In most states, (and federally) influenza is not a mandatory reportable illness, and neither is death because of flu, tho many physicians do report it. Most flu deaths are reported as 'flu related' deaths.

3 cases reported in my County, 28 reported in county other side of my road (but that is Ithaca with two colleges) and 8 reported in County next to us. NYC on the other hand is bad. Problem is, the NYC people own summer homes upstate and they are invading our areas. You should see the campers moving on the highways!
My daughter lives in Vermont. Very low number of residents, but high number of winter homes for skiing. Same thing - stores are over run with city folks trying to get away from it. How much are they transporting!!!??

1982vett said:
greggy said:

One case reported in our county yesterday. Don't know anyone that has it, know of a few that may have been exposed.

Some bean counters are now including suspected cases...cases not yet confirmed...into the count of known cases. Probably never get close to hearing an actual number now. Anyone with allergies and sneezes probably gets counted now. :2cents:

One of my wife's employees ( a med aid) came down with some symptoms. They called the health Dept. She was told to just stay home. No test no medical care. In a few days she was better. This time of year ive diagnosed it as oak pollen, and I bet I'm right. ... funny how the ones that used to mock "save the children" have jumped on the save the elderly and pre existing condition band wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts