VET NEEDED OR GURU ADVISE!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Vicky the vet":2s9r79gc said:
preston39":2s9r79gc said:
We need your professional reaction to the diesel/used cylinder oil on fly rubs...topic.

Hmmmm...effective but toxic. Depends which you find more important. No flies or poisoned critters.
V
==============

Doc vicky,

Diesel? Oil? or both?

Update!!! The tips broke off by themselves and her hooves look to be normal now :lol: !! She never showed signs of pain so I let nature take its course and it seemed to be the best treatment!! Thanks to everyone's input!

sidney411":3sky8ztg said:
Onions and ketchup????? That'll ruin a good steak IMO :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would think that "good ol' cow" didn't provide very "good ol' steaks!" Onions and Ketchup and a lot of marinade accompanied by a "good ol' hammer"! Whatever works.

Tony

If you check my first post on this thread, you will notice I mentioned it is probably natural hoof trimming. Looks like my diagnosis was correct.

Now a small piece of advice.

For folks new to cattle, or those who have very few and tend to hover over them like a mother hen - everything about them is noticed and noted and often worried about.

One must remember these animals have literally 100's of thousands of generations of development. Unless there is dramatic pain or very obviously some difficulty - it is often worthwhile to relax and let Mother Nature help things along.

Cattle are not only a tough critter when speaking in general terms, they are quite able to look after themselves. Very often it is us and our handling that gets them all discombobulated.

Enjoy your animals and let them do the work - it really reduces the stress levels.

Take care,

Bez

Latest posts