Venting - not at all bovine-related

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugs are bad news, need to try and rehabilitate the drug addicts. Give them 3 chances, then just hangem or shootem. Real tired of getting ripped off, they go to jail, they get out, they steal some more, they go back. Only thing worse than a drug addict, is a no good for nothing THIEF and CHILD MOLESTER. Give them a chance and they will do it again.

highgrit":vtocspf2 said:
Drugs are bad news, need to try and rehabilitate the drug addicts. Give them 3 chances, then just hangem or shootem. Real tired of getting ripped off, they go to jail, they get out, they steal some more, they go back. Only thing worse than a drug addict, is a no good for nothing THIEF and CHILD MOLESTER. Give them a chance and they will do it again.
child molester, doesnt deserve any chance should be automatic death penalty

ALACOWMAN":ei89frpr said:
highgrit":ei89frpr said:
child molester, doesnt deserve any chance should be automatic death penalty
I agree. Drug addicts can be a different story. My brother when he was still a judge started a program, don;t remember what it was called, for first time users they had an option of doing a weekly drug test, coming back to court once a month for 6 months and if they didn;t have a job getting training. If they tested positive or didn;t make it in for the weekly or monthly deal, didn;t do the schooling or lost their job they went straight to jail. They called him Judge Max because for everything he gave the maximum sentence and nothing rain concurrent. When he retired from the bench he had something like 87% succes rate and they had another judge take over the program.

Sounds like a pretty smart fella Dun. He must have impacted a lot of lives in a positive way

3waycross":2a2zlquz said:
Sounds like a pretty smart fella Dun. He must have impacted a lot of lives in a positive way
Kind of funny, his last day before he retired the court room was packed. People that had made it through the program and got on with their lives. At least one person in the family (besides my dad) had a positive impact on people

ALACOWMAN":1js64wpl said:
this aint meant to be,, or sound racist,,, just to clear that up, and get that out of the way... but you dont hear of many blacks commiting suicide, aleast here their all white
Also not meaning to sound racist but could it be it is not NEWS, still a bit of a two tier society, as it seems here they don't need to commit suicide as they are killing each other in gang wars anyway.
Farmwriter...so sorry to hear of your loss, it is sad when young people die no matter how their death is caused.

chrisy":gwk7rfzd said:
ALACOWMAN":gwk7rfzd said:
this aint meant to be,, or sound racist,,, just to clear that up, and get that out of the way... but you dont hear of many blacks commiting suicide, aleast here their all white
Also not meaning to sound racist but could it be it is not NEWS, still a bit of a two tier society, as it seems here they don't need to commit suicide as they are killing each other in gang wars anyway.
Farmwriter...so sorry to hear of your loss, it is sad when young people die no matter how their death is caused.
not many gangs here in rural ALA. though the mexican haved tried on sand mountain. but found out all to soon the local good ol boys live for sht like that.

I too had a brother who lost his life to drugs and drink, left a wife and little boy. Have had a lot of friends do the same, or kill themselves. It is tragic. It is the total lose of hope. You always wonder if there was something you could have said, something you could have done.
A wise friend told me that there were three Cs to consider: 1 You did not cause it, 2 you cant control it, 3 you can't cure it. All you can do is stand by with a hand, ready to reach out if you are asked to. If someone can still do that after holding his first born for the first time, or after the fall calving with new life all around, or remembering that first kiss from the one you are ment to be with, there is nothing that can be done by mortal hands. As harsh as it seems, and as unfeeling, we are a part of nature and nature can be quick and ruthless when she cull the herd.
My heart goes out those who have lost friends and family, and you are in my prayers.
JS

chrisy":1pli444b said:
ALACOWMAN":1pli444b said:
No they just don't do it hardly at all, quite a few other things that are different between the races too. Don't want to steal this thread though so I'll stop there.

I would like to give thanks to my Parents,,, Jerry and Betty Walker. I have a brother and a sister, both younger than me. My Parents have been married for 51 years this upcoming May. I have been married for 27 years, my sister for 25 years and my brother for 22 years.
We were raised to be Christians and were raised to work. We were also raised to not have any quit in us. I am not going to tell you that none of us have made any mistakes, but drugs, alcohol and divorce have not entered into it. There are 8 grandchildren and they are turning out fine. My oldest is in a PhD program for neurobiology, My son is in NG and Army ROTC and will be majoring in Criminal Investigation after finishing basic training and AIT next summer. My oldest niece is in college for teaching. My Nephew is a senior who is a working fool and will be in college next fall also. The little nephews and niece are coming along just fine.
We owe everything to our parents, and their faith in Christ. That roadmap for life is one that cannot fail if you just follow it.

Thanks Mom and Dad, Gregory Walker

KMacGinley":29ap5y6x said:
I would like to give thanks to my Parents,,, Jerry and Betty Walker. I have a brother and a sister, both younger than me. My Parents have been married for 51 years this upcoming May. I have been married for 27 years, my sister for 25 years and my brother for 22 years.
We were raised to be Christians and were raised to work. We were also raised to not have any quit in us. I am not going to tell you that none of us have made any mistakes, but drugs, alcohol and divorce have not entered into it. There are 8 grandchildren and they are turning out fine. My oldest is in a PhD program for neurobiology, My son is in NG and Army ROTC and will be majoring in Criminal Investigation after finishing basic training and AIT next summer. My oldest niece is in college for teaching. My Nephew is a senior who is a working fool and will be in college next fall also. The little nephews and niece are coming along just fine.
We owe everything to our parents, and their faith in Christ. That roadmap for life is one that cannot fail if you just follow it.

Christ gave the roadmap.
Your parents filled in some of the details.
But you offspring have and are fulfilliing it

Thanks for posting. :tiphat:

KMacGinley":hk300hev said:

Good for you and your folks. It seems so simple until you have to live it. As you know it is a full time job keeping the devil from the doorstep. Sounds to me like you are on top of it.

KMacGinley":3pghrjct said:

Glad things are so peachy for you, but don't think for one minute that all that can't change or those "mistakes" to which you glossingly refer are any better or worse than the choice of drugs or alcohol or infidelity or anything else you have been fortunate enough to avoid. Plenty of people with wonderful, supportive, faithful parents turn to those things too, or - let's face it - make decisions to intentionally hurt people.
If you think being raised right or being educated gets your ticket punched "saved" or in anyway guarantees anything for the following generations, I hope you don't find out how wrong you are.

farmwriter":1nlmna5l said:
KMacGinley":1nlmna5l said:

Glad things are so peachy for you, but don't think for one minute that all that can't change or those "mistakes" to which you glossingly refer are any better or worse than the choice of drugs or alcohol or infidelity or anything else you have been fortunate enough to avoid. Plenty of people with wonderful, supportive, faithful parents turn to those things too, or - let's face it - make decisions to intentionally hurt people.
If you think being raised right or being educated gets your ticket punched "saved" or in anyway guarantees anything for the following generations, I hope you don't find out how wrong you are.

You are absolutely right that being raised by righteous parents does not ward off trouble for all, but once you are shown the right way to live, you have to walk the walk. We all have free will. Being saved does not guarantee a happy and trouble free life, but it is the only thing on this planet that can give you peace and hope for the future. I will put you in my prayers that you find that for yourself.

KMacGinley":1fvx5oqf said:
farmwriter":1fvx5oqf said:
KMacGinley":1fvx5oqf said:

Being saved does not guarantee a happy and trouble free life, but it is the only thing on this planet that can give you peace and hope for the future. I will put you in my prayers that you find that for yourself.

Your original post gave no indication that you understand that concept. I have peace and hope for the future, but very little affection for the mistaken idea that God has grandchildren or somehow prevents earthly hardship for those that profess to be His.

Farmwriter I am with you on that one...I was bought up by God fearing parents was taken to Church every Sunday, my Father even attended St Pauls Cathedral boys school as a child, his Mother had to pay for him to go there, but that is by the by....there are three of us children, my eldest two brothers and me, and we each have children, my oldest brother has been married for 41 years and has one Son and an illegitimate Grandchild (so what in this day and age he is loved and cared for) the next brother down is Divorced and has two children and also an illigitimate Grandson. I am divorced, and remarried for the past 25 years, and have three children and one Grandchild within marriage but that makes her no more loved than the others. We all were bought up to walk in the face of God, but we made a few human errors along the way, so does that make us bad people, no I don't think so. We all work hard, all the children have good jobs, and my two girls went to University and got good grades, but even that doesn't make it any better for them. So yes God is good don't get me wrong, but you can't always put it down to a good upbringing that you wont at sometime walk off of the path.
ps don't know why be nice came up as the word there was 'God'

If you think being raised right or being educated gets your ticket punched "saved" or in anyway guarantees anything for the following generations, I hope you don't find out how wrong you are.[/quote]

Being saved does not guarantee a happy and trouble free life, but it is the only thing on this planet that can give you peace and hope for the future. I will put you in my prayers that you find that for yourself.[/quote]

Your original post gave no indication that you understand that concept. I have peace and hope for the future, but very little affection for the mistaken idea that God has grandchildren or somehow prevents earthly hardship for those that profess to be His.[/quote]

:) My original post wasn't really about you and what you perceive that I understand or don't. As I read through some of the posts on here, it occurred to me that our family has been blessed by the Lord and I wanted to give credit to my parents for giving us an example and a roadmap for life that has enabled us to avoid some of the anguish and torment that has been mentioned here. I have had my share of disasters and hard times and my faith in God has seen me through. Free will gives us choices and allows us to decide who the master of our life will be... As for me and my family, we follow the Lord.

My original post wasn't really about you and what you perceive that I understand or don't. As I read through some of the posts on here, it occurred to me that our family has been blessed by the Lord and I wanted to give credit to my parents for giving us an example and a roadmap for life that has enabled us to avoid some of the anguish and torment that has been mentioned here. I have had my share of disasters and hard times and my faith in God has seen me through. Free will gives us choices and allows us to decide who the master of our life will be... As for me and my family, we follow the Lord.
I know this was not aimed at me, but you are lucky you found the right road, although that is not all to do with the way you were bought up, it plays a big part and no dought your parents are proud of you all, and can see what a good job they done, and so they should be.
I know a boy we went to Uni with his Father was the Minister of our Church and his Grandfather was a Station Officer at the local Police station, and where did he end up? in jail for Drugs and Robbery at knife point, so it seems no matter who your parents and grandparents are anyone can fall off of the wagon. and I bet I'm not the only one who knows someone like that. My Husband works for the Police service and is in court with people everyday from all walks of life who have fallen onto hard times, and by the wayside. Teaching in school you see children who's parents couldn't give a bam and those kids turn out to be the sort of the earth.
It's life and s*it happens.

Well KMac, maybe God will put you on the good side of the tracks in heaven so you won't have to descend into fellowship with those of us who have had real problems (and/or have compassion for those who do) and still choose to serve the Lord - The Lord who, by the way, did have compassion for those with problems, coming to seek and save the lost.

Chrisy, you are so right. Two of our friends who killed themselves were raised as well as any two people I know. One was the son of a foreign missionary who is kind beyond words. Thus I say for those people that think it can't happen to them in their ivory towers, I hope they don't find out how wrong they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts