Venison Pizza Sticks

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I thought I had an epiphany the other day and set out to make a unique snack stick that tasted like pizza. I thought it a brilliant plan and was highly stoked with my ingenuity till I talked to an Italian Food Monger who resides in one of the meccas of modern day liberalism who apparently knows as much about food as he does about buzz-killing because he informed me this had already been done and was readily available on the market. Though thoroughly deflated from my elevated pinnacle of euphoria the idea still intrigued me and I set out to see what I could manage this since I still found solace in knowing that no one else had ever made any using Certified Imbalancer Beef Fat in their mix. Somehow, this was enough.

Anyhow, after smoking it over and overcoming several procedural problems I arrived at a recipe that I thought might just work. Finished them last night but since my taste buds were dulled from the all grain diet I had consumed during the smoking process I enlisted the help of my daughter and her friend to be my tasters without telling them what they were. Large smiles formed on their faces as they took the first bite and their eyes widened like saucers and both agreed it tasted like a meat lover's pizza only with similar differences. I was pleased but I still see areas that could stand some improvement. However, I doubt I'll ever capture that stuffed crust taste but there is always tomorrow.

Venison Pizza Sticks

Jogeephus":5s0kfhnz said:
I thought I had an epiphany the other day and set out to make a unique snack stick that tasted like pizza. I thought it a brilliant plan and was highly stoked with my ingenuity till I talked to an Italian Food Monger who resides in one of the meccas of modern day liberalism who apparently knows as much about food as he does about buzz-killing :lol: :lol2: because he informed me this had already been done and was readily available on the market. Though thoroughly deflated from my elevated pinnacle of euphoria the idea still intrigued me and I set out to see what I could manage this since I still found solace in knowing that no one else had ever made any using Certified Imbalancer Beef Fat in their mix. Somehow, this was enough.

Anyhow, after smoking it over and overcoming several procedural problems I arrived at a recipe that I thought might just work. Finished them last night but since my taste buds were dulled from the all grain diet I had consumed during the smoking process I enlisted the help of my daughter and her friend to be my tasters without telling them what they were. Large smiles formed on their faces as they took the first bite and their eyes widened like saucers and both agreed it tasted like a meat lover's pizza only with similar differences. I was pleased but I still see areas that could stand some improvement. However, I doubt I'll ever capture that stuffed crust taste but there is always tomorrow.

Venison Pizza Sticks

:D They do look pretty darn good Jo !

That makes me really hungry. Don't fret none over not having thought of it first. It still counts as an invention as long as you didn't know about it when you first thunk it ;-)

I tasted them after my taste buds had time to heal and they are pretty good if I have to say so myself. Light years better than the blueberry sausages I made a few years ago. Um, I can't help but wonder if starting to drink before making the sausages had something to do with the outcome of the blueberry sausages. :lol2:

Jogeephus":33y8pyfz said:
I tasted them after my taste buds had time to heal and they are pretty good if I have to say so myself. Light years better than the blueberry sausages I made a few years ago. Um, I can't help but wonder if starting to drink before making the sausages had something to do with the outcome of the blueberry sausages. :lol2:
Naw, shouldn't have.

Jogeephus":1zjyxdk5 said:
You could sell those blueberry sausages in stick form if you added a syrup cup. Kind of like a kids snack pack. Or wrap a pancake around them and add a syrup cup.
Remember you heard it here first

Hook, you know how when you get pancakes and sausage how the syrup gets on the sausage and how that tastes. That is about what the blueberry sausages tasted like. Way to sweet for me and it just didn't seem right. One fella told me they were the best he ever tasted but that just proves there is always one nut in the mix. :lol2:

hooknline":3j9pc4jj said:
Jogeephus":3j9pc4jj said:
You could sell those blueberry sausages in stick form if you added a syrup cup. Kind of like a kids snack pack. Or wrap a pancake around them and add a syrup cup.
Remember you heard it here first

Wrap a pecan waffle infused with maple syrup around it . Think you created a new invention of a breakfast treat ,,,, but bet if you checked with the Italian Food Monger that has been done already too ! ;-) :lol:

Back to pizza snacks, they look great and inspiring, will give them a few tries..... Because I have faith the first few will fail. :lol: Thanks for the post.

Latest posts