Venison lasagne/goulash

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Did a new dish today. Homemade lasagne sauce, squirrely noodles in a baking dish and venison with a twist. Grilled the ham steaks instead of using a grind. The sause had been simmering for 2 hrs, and once i had the meat grilled to medi rare i cubed it and added it to the sauce for another 1/2 hr simmer. Then spooned the mix over the noodles. Sprinkled 1 cup parmesean and 1 cup cheddar over the dish, then added 1 cup italian breadcrumbs over that. Baked that in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes.
Only thing i would do different is some ricotta and mozerrella instead of cheddar but we didnt have any. Ill post the sauce recipe in a sec

Heres the sauce. A bit acidic for my taste so i put additional sugar in to balance the acid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup minced onion
1/8 teaspoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

hooknline":slqtihry said:
Heres the sauce. A bit acidic for my taste so i put additional sugar in to balance the acid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup minced onion
1/8 teaspoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Sugar doesn't balance the acid. It just covers it up. If you want to neutralize the acid chop some celery to almost a paste and add it at the beginning!

Thx 3way. Ill try that. Does the celery just absorb the acids, neutralize or what?

hooknline":1e382aqv said:
Thx 3way. Ill try that. Does the celery just absorb the acids, neutralize or what?

Celery has an alkaline PH.

BTW I just finished cutting up a beautiful cornfed whitetail doe that my buddy brought me from Ks on Sunday. She smelled like veal compared to the stinkin sage infested mulies we have here. I am making Italian sausage with the trim tomorrow

Youll like that corn fed. We had one like that up in Mo because all the feeders we had out. All the thing ate was corn for a year it seemed. Great flavor for a 3 yr old buck!
Ive heard about the mulies on sage. I think id rather eat bear first

Latest posts