Using Sendero?--label revision as of Jan 2015

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
The jug of Sendero I bought yesterday must be a little old. The label clearly states:
2 qts Sendero + 2 qts Remedy + surfactant per 100 gal of water or:
3 qts Sendero + surfactant per 100 gals of water.

But, the revised (January 2015) label says differently at the bottom of pg 7 and top of pg 8.
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ldAIF005.pdf

Single stem mesquite or other woody plant:
4 qts Sendero/100 gals of water + surfactant
or
Multi stem mesquite or other woody plant:
6 qts Sendero + 1-2 qts Remedy Ultra+ surfactant per 100gal water

On pg 5, Table 1 shows:
1.28 oz Sendero per 1 gal sprayer of water + surfactant.
3.84 oz Sendero per 3 gal sprayer of water + surfactant.
32 oz (1 qt) Sendero per 25 gal sprayer of water + surfactant.

The new label is what I'm familiar with.
1 percent Sendero with water and surfactant.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has tank mixed Sendero and remedy..

If my small trial spraying turns out good, I'm fixing to mix up 100 gals 6 qts Sendero + 2 qts remedy ultra and 2 qts 80/20 surfactant, but I'm going to use it on non-mesquite species, mostly black locust, some huisache that recently showed up here, and mimosa--and if it kills Chinese Tallow and sweet gum too, all the better.
I don't cut hay from here to sell, or do any crops, so I don't have the 18 month concerns.
My trial tho, I used the recommeded ratio on the jug's label, which is a little weaker ratio. Evidently TSC doesn't sell much Sendero here and the stock they have on shelf is last years.
We shall see.

I always do--I have way too much water here to risk environmental concerns.
My issue was with what the container's specimen label states compared to a revision on the label 6 months ago that I was unaware of until this morning.

Greybeard if you have that kind of situation with water issues you may want to consider mixing it up with burning, stump grinding, and yes maybe even some bushogging. My attitude is to spray as little as possible, anyway. This year it was too wet to make hay so I ended up burning my rye grass hay fields when they turned brown. When it greened back up I hit it with 1 quart Remedy to 30 gallons of water per acre. Just finished clipping the spots I missed and it looks like I will have the best Crabgrass hay we've ever produced on our Bermuda pastures. This year we had every Chinese Tallow Tree seed that was ever dropped sprout and grow. Didn't see any today.

I don't do bush hogging. That, is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
Burning? No also. National Forest folks would have a heart attack the first wisp of smoke I send up if it isn't soaking wet ground and greenery and dead calm wind.
I pretty much have the tallow under control with remedy alone--but I'm looking for something besides Remedy for sweet gum, mimosa and the other woody plants I mentioned. I want to give Sendero a try while it's nice and dry and hot.

Well if it won't work this time of year, it ain't gonna work. All of the products will miss something. See what it misses and spot spray those plants or look for a product you can add.

Bushhogging young pecan trees works just fine. Hit em once and that is it. Hard as hell to kill with Glyphosate or Remedy. It will also eradicate Johnson grass if you cannot graze it down.

Just for shytes and gaggles: if you read the instructions on new sprayers and the big book from Dow it recommends using DETERGENT to neutralize solution remaining in your equipment. A few tablespoons of Detergent per 50 gallons of water works as a fantastic surfactant. One quart of detergent will neutralize your herbicide. I miss Novatech, he was the only guy on here who got the joke.

JWBrahman":3o81tyib said:
Bushhogging young pecan trees works just fine. Hit em once and that is it. Hard as be nice to kill with Glyphosate or Remedy. It will also eradicate Johnson grass if you cannot graze it down.

Just for shytes and gaggles: if you read the instructions on new sprayers and the big book from Dow it recommends using DETERGENT to neutralize solution remaining in your equipment. A few tablespoons of Detergent per 50 gallons of water works as a fantastic surfactant. One quart of detergent will neutralize your herbicide. I miss Novatech, he was the only guy on here who got the joke.

:shock: yougottabeshittinme :???: :???: :lol2:

In all honesty I think the Remedy/ Reclaim mix worked a little better but not enough to justify buying two products that are a little bit more expensive. I think it has more to do with the quality of the application and the weather. You seem to get a much better result when its hot and dry and been that way a while. With the heavy rains we had in the spring here in Texas I seem to have a lot more mesquites come back along with other things that I ain't ever seen before. I had a bunch of that thistle that we normally see in March, come up in October. It was a strange year.

lavacarancher":2o0a63o3 said:
….. some huisache that recently showed up here

Grey, you feel pretty confidant that your concoction will kill the huisache?
Well, unfortunately, due to my brother's health needs in Arkansas, (he's got cancer and doing chemo) and all the trips I made up there, then my own bypass surgery in Sept, I did not get to do any real spraying here in late summer or fall.
The spot spraying I did with the Sendero did kill huisache, some of the greenbriar, most of the tallow I hit, but just turned the leaf tips black on sweetgum. Mimosa has already long lost their leaves so I don't know if it wrked on them or not.

Way too late now to do anything with herbicide except maybe some cut stump treatment and girdle cut and squirt, but I'm not yet allowed or able to do much of anything. My leg where they harvested the vein to put in my chest is giving me heck and all my muscles are still very weak. I tried to use some crimpers yesterday to splice a fence back together and just couldn't get them closed and the ferrules crimped. I can run a tractor ok and drive my truck, but if I have to get up and down off the tractor more than 3 times to open and close gates, I'm done for the day. I did, with a neighbor's help, get 300' of cross fence built this week, but it wore me down to uselessness. I can pretty confidently say I would have never let them doctors and my wife do this to me if I had known the after effects. The only good thing to any of this for me was I quit smoking. I've taken more pills in the last 60 days than all the rest of my life combined and they make me pee like crazy and nauseous to boot. Sorry for the rant...
:???: :(

Latest posts