Summer of 24 forecast

Help Support CattleToday:

Lisagrantb

Reaction score
Talked to a LSU climate guy the other day and he said prepare for a repeat of 23's summer. Last year's Louisiana summer sucked big time for most. The only thing saving a lot of guys right now is the mild winter we've had so far. Had to dig an 8' hole yesterday and it's still pretty dry down deep especially for this time of year. So unless we get a wet spring we're starting the year off in a hole. Has anyone seen the long range forecast for summer and especially the south central area.

Don't despair, our forecast for the summer we are just finishing was woefull, full blown el Nino which for us is bad. After a dryish early spring the rain started coming, no massive falls just good falls at regular intervals with no moisture deficit the whole of summer, even got 33mm last night with just over a week until the end of summer. I think it has been my best summer here in about 18 years I've been here. Plenty of moisture but no waterlogging, the ground is great. It was a hot summer with higher humidity than we are used to here. Things are in great shape leading into autumn and winter.

Ken

Latest posts