Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Nay (No)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Don't care, it's your choice.

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I know this may sound stupid and trivial to some or most of you but I'm getting to the point were I'm not liking my username handle much anymore. Last while I've tolerated it, this time though it's just...a bit of a mouthful. I remember even being told that when I first came here a few years back. So should the username IluvABbeef be changed to something a bit simpler (I guess in the form of creating a different account...), or should the name stay as is? Maybe reasons as to why/why not I should or shouldn't may help me too...

ETA: Don't be afraid to be as brutally honest with me as you possibly can. I'm a big girl: I can take it. :)

Perhaps it is not a perfect username like mine; it still has a lot of merit, and we know you under that name. Think of poor Bez who had to change to another name I can not remember (snakesomething), much better to keep the old name! :2cents:

IluvABbeef":1ts8ic5n said:
I know this may sound stupid and trivial to some or most of you but I'm getting to the point were I'm not liking my username handle much anymore. Last while I've tolerated it, this time though it's just...a bit of a mouthful. I remember even being told that when I first came here a few years back. So should the username IluvABbeef be changed to something a bit simpler (I guess in the form of creating a different account...), or should the name stay as is? Maybe reasons as to why/why not I should or shouldn't may help me too...

ETA: Don't be afraid to be as brutally honest with me as you possibly can. I'm a big girl: I can take it. :)

I voted the third option. Not so much that I don't care but it's your choice. If you'd feel more comforatable with something else then change it. Besides I often tend to look past the user names. When I see yours I think Karin, because I know that's who you are. When I see Caustic Burno I hear the theme from Bonanza. When I see Alan I think ugly football uniforms. :lol2: You get the idea.

VanC":1ei4w26r said:
I voted the third option. Not so much that I don't care but it's your choice. If you'd feel more comforatable with something else then change it. Besides I often tend to look past the user names. When I see yours I think Karin, because I know that's who you are. When I see Caustic Burno I hear the theme from Bonanza. When I see Alan I think ugly football uniforms. :lol2: You get the idea.

Noooooo, how can you not like a mirrored helmet? :shock:

Alan":177n73v0 said:
You mean to something like Dave, Kathie, VanC or Alan?

No not that simple, more something like wildrosebeef or WRB or something like that. On another forum I'm "Karin L"

Ga.prime.... I, ah... uh....ah never mind. :lol2:

Alan":17hrrr94 said:
VanC":17hrrr94 said:

Noooooo, how can you not like a mirrored helmet? :shock:

Last year:

http://static.greatbigcanvas.com/images ... pg?max=540

Next year?:

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/i/n/chie ... illini.jpg

ANAZAZI":vwlc4r2b said:
Perhaps it is not a perfect username like mine; it still has a lot of merit, and we know you under that name. Think of poor Bez who had to change to another name I can not remember (snakesomething), much better to keep the old name! :2cents:

Snake67. I think it was because he ran out of punctuation marks and didn't want his profile or account to ever reach "Guru" status, though i think many of us can argue that he deserves it with the kind of contributions he's made on here.

I know about the whole thing with identity and such, and I know someone's going to come on and say you've been on here this long why didn't you decide you didn't like it two or 3+ years ago?

Well, it's up to you really, but I like the current one. I do miss your avatar, I kinda liked that. It wasn't a typical one. It made me reminisce about days gone by and all the times I've spend hefting manure out of barns and stalls.

It's your identity Karin, do with it what you will.

FWIW I have a friend, she and I have been friends since I was 3 and she was 2. My whole life I knew her as Leslie. When we got into highschool, she started wanting to be called by her middle name. It took a bit of getting used to. And here almost 40 years later there are times I still call her Leslie followed by her middle name. It is up to you. If you do change it, just let us know who you are.

Katherine

IluvABbeef":8rl3rd1d said:
Alan":8rl3rd1d said:
You mean to something like Dave, Kathie, VanC or Alan?

No not that simple, more something like wildrosebeef or WRB or something like that. On another forum I'm "Karin L"
Ga.prime.... I, ah... uh....ah never mind. :lol2:
That would be good.
More class and maturity.

All the names are taken! When registering it took several times. I thought what the heck when backhoe didn't work. Never changed. Intended to do so and just said to heck with it.

Well I've made my decision. I am going to change my username, since the comments that Ryder had mentioned last night rang with me, and I decided to go with something very simple, much more than Wildrosebeef or WRB. You'll see when I log on as the new one.

So, this is the last post as IluvABbeef. Signin' out! :D

IluvABbeef":2nseee9p said:
Well I've made my decision. I am going to change my username, since the comments that Ryder had mentioned last night rang with me, and I decided to go with something very simple, much more than Wildrosebeef or WRB. You'll see when I log on as the new one.

Well now that's kind of different. Lettin folks know who you are. I like it.

backhoeboogie":vkpkoyvh said:
IluvABbeef":vkpkoyvh said:

Well now that's kind of different. Lettin folks know who you are. I like it.
In my book... something simple is always best.. cuz its the way I think.... :cboy:

I think the username "Karin" is as simple as I'll get, really. I could've went with "Karin L", but you've all known me as just simply "Karin" (aside from the variations of IluvABbeef, from lluvabeef to ABbeef and so on) so I thought I'd stick with that. And so far, I like it! :)

Latest posts