USDA label

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle":1o7if8jp said:
Brute 23":1o7if8jp said:
If there is a market for labeled beef some one will do it because some one is willing to pay for that service.

The idea that it needs to be shoved down every ones throat... both the consumer and producer... is exactly what is wrong with this country.
I totally agree with you for special interest and private labeling. But we are talking about USDA grade labels which the general public, our customers, want and have a right to know. As for cost, there is no cost as the grading has already been done.
http://www.progressivecattle.com/topics ... mprovement

I agree that you have the right to know where your food comes from and what it is. What you and most other people in this country don't understand is that just because you have the right to some thing does not mean that it should be a law and that I should have to foot the bill.

If you want a label and you want some thing done a certain way... you need to foot the bill... you need to do the research.. and you need to find a company that does things the way you want.

I'm a consumer, as are most people on this board, so I believe you are over stepping your bounds to push your agenda by acting like you speak for all consumers on what they want.

sim.-ang.king":34hw54xa said:
ricebeltrancher":34hw54xa said:
Doom and gloom! Maybe I'm too much of a sunshine pumper, but I know there are a lot of people in higher places than I am fighting for the things that are important to our industry. If things get to be as bad as you suggest, I'm pretty sure we'll have more important things to worry about than all of our customers disappearing in a puff of smoke! For the record, I think the USDA is a joke and full of crooks, always trying to strong arm us into filling out their surveys, and the WTO is just plain dangerous. For the time being, we will continue plugging away, trying to improve our herd and add value whenever, wherever, and however we can. Diversifying too, if we have the opportunity. I really hope Trump gets in there and does a good, old-fashioned turnaround. Cleans shop, fixes everything, and gets it back up and running again. He's our only hope at this point.

Also for the record, I listen to AFR. I encourage anyone needing some encouragement to do the same. We could all use some, for sure!

AFR is the only station on in the truck or tractor.
Really like what they all have to say on AFR. Just wish they had a TV news station.

The only time I ever change it is when the kids are in the car and Bryan starts talking about certain social issues. I agree...they're all good.

Latest posts