Upcoming semen sale, rare air if you are interested.

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
bse said:
Little quote off the history of Emulous cattle.

Due to the profound impact of the Emulous line of Angus cattle it is important to document the history and highlights. Should history repeat itself like it often does, Emulous bred cattle will surface yet again to notably contribute to the beef business. It only remains to be seen when and by whom.

I doubt there will be a bull 50 yrs from now that will bring the kind of money 707 did after 50 yrs. Couple of reasons, very few folks breed for those type cattle, and now bulls are a dime a dozen. Look how the supply has progressed, EXT several lots available and in 50 years the famed America[just an example] there will be plenty of straws if anyone even wants it.

America to me, or Elation, or President are just parts of the equation I'm putting together. I use a lot more than just SAV out here, but so far SAV progeny have turned out very nicely.

Not knocking SAV at all America is just the bull of the day. SAV is using some of the old stuff here and there and making some interesting bulls.
I dont believe they will have the impact that some of the older bulls have had.
Until I went to bed Final Answer wasn't doing much of anything, maybe he did later

True Grit Farms said:
Good bad or otherwise you'd be hard pressed to sell bulls from that old semen. Name recognition isn't there unless your an older hard core Angus breeder.

He's the grandam of just about every SAV R_______ bull out there so I would say even to the casual number chaser like the original poster, that name would mean something. Even your average AI catalog goes two generations back if anyone cares to look. :lol:

bse said:

Due to the profound impact of the Emulous line of Angus cattle it is important to document the history and highlights. Should history repeat itself like it often does, Emulous bred cattle will surface yet again to notably contribute to the beef business. It only remains to be seen when and by whom.

I doubt there will be a bull 50 yrs from now that will bring the kind of money 707 did after 50 yrs. Couple of reasons, very few folks breed for those type cattle, and now bulls are a dime a dozen. Look how the supply has progressed, EXT several lots available and in 50 years the famed America[just an example] there will be plenty of straws if anyone even wants it.
Emulous got smacked down by the pivot year deal on EPDs. I think it was on purpose to make the Angus that appeared to be less than 100% to be the go to cattle for the typical fad-chase.

Saw the thread about the bull of the decade that got brought back around a few days ago. Probably, EXT could be the bull of the decade for a number of the past decades with his influence. He is considered by some to be in the Emulous line.

Ebenezer said:
bse said:

Emulous got smacked down by the pivot year deal on EPDs. I think it was on purpose to make the Angus that appeared to be less than 100% to be the go to cattle for the typical fad-chase.

Saw the thread about the bull of the decade that got brought back around a few days ago. Probably, EXT could be the bull of the decade for a number of the past decades with his influence. He is considered by some to be in the Emulous line.

Id say EXT has plenty of Emulous blood when it was combined Emulous and Elation

artesianspringsfarm said:
True Grit Farms said:
Good bad or otherwise you'd be hard pressed to sell bulls from that old semen. Name recognition isn't there unless your an older hard core Angus breeder.

He's the grandam of just about every SAV R_______ bull out there so I would say even to the casual number chaser like the original poster, that name would mean something. Even your average AI catalog goes two generations back if anyone cares to look. :lol:
Does source herd prefix trump EPDs? 30+ direct sons of 707 sold this winter from another herd for lack luster results and no horn tooting. Status symbol or genetics? Fad or facts? Hard to dissect the mindset. If one daughter is a trend setter, does that mean that the famous one is an outlier that is not typical of all offspring? Seems to me that it might be a crap shoot.

Ebenezer said:
True Grit Farms said:

Does source herd prefix trump EPDs? 30+ direct sons of 707 sold this winter from another herd for lack luster results and no horn tooting. Status symbol or genetics? Fad or facts? Hard to dissect the mindset. If one daughter is a trend setter, does that mean that the famous one is an outlier that is not typical of all offspring? Seems to me that it might be a crap shoot.

Are you referring to Spring Valley? I was just trying to give the mainstream example that anyone at all involved with the Angus breed would have some familiartiy with to point out that Vince was wrong. I wasnt saying that was the only case to be made that manye believe Rito 707 is the golden ticket. Ebenezer, what are your thoughts on heavy Rito 707 bloodlines and going back to him?

Ebenezer said:

Are you referring to Spring Valley? I was just trying to give the mainstream example that anyone at all involved with the Angus breed would have some familiartiy with to point out that Vince was wrong. I wasnt saying that was the only case to be made that manye believe Rito 707 is the golden ticket. Ebenezer, what are your thoughts on heavy Rito 707 bloodlines and going back to him?
I'd be more willing to risk on 203.

Latest posts