Ultra Black Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

Look for more bulls; this one has far from enough muscle, his rear end is really sorry compared to any dairy heifer.

Duly noted. However, a couple of our local "gurus" have stopped to look them over and wanted to know if available for sale and where we got them. Gonna have to go with that. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

TexasBred":epwuh3be said:
branguscowgirl":epwuh3be said:
I have to agree with Anazazi. He does not look like a very good bull. :(
May be like your project bull....just needs a little more time to develop.
This is true. I don't believe he mentioned his age. A lot depends on age and feed. They do go through that gangly stage of growing up, before they grow out. I have seen many lanky looking Brangus do that, and turn out to be beautiful bulls.
How old is he?

branguscowgirl":2w7c6n6d said:
TexasBred":2w7c6n6d said:
branguscowgirl":2w7c6n6d said:
I have to agree with Anazazi. He does not look like a very good bull. :(
May be like your project bull....just needs a little more time to develop.
This is true. I don't believe he mentioned his age. A lot depends on age and feed. They do go through that gangly stage of growing up, before they grow out. I have seen many lanky looking Brangus do that, and turn out to be beautiful bulls. Especially if they are leaning toward the Brahma influence.
How old is he?

kucala5":1px9lkzx said:
[URL[img]http://i881.photobucket.co...ads/IMG_20140406_183639_zps63892521.jpg[/img][/url]
TB, What I am looking for is the muscle mass in my calves. They usually show it well at about 5 months old before they progress to the taller, lankier stage. Then by about two, the bulk is starting to catch up with the height again. Just my experience with the Brangus being "late bloomers". But after seeing how much the individual picture can totally change the look of an animal, I do not think one picture is a far representation. So I will need to reserve my judgement in the future! :D

I understand. I raised brangus for year. Like little pups and little boys they definitely go thru a "pitiful" looking stage. :lol2: We'll watch both and hopefully get pics as they mature a bit more.

https://flic.kr/p/9aEVcL
This is from my flickr account...We dont have this bull anymore, but we have a cousin out of him. He is out of a cow we bottle raised, Kalfrick, who went to live with my sister in law as a pet. She came back to the ranch during a drought and produced this bruiser. She was brangus bred to angus. This bull hit the ground looking like a bull and grew so fast, he was huge at weaning. We kept him as a bull and have many cows out of him. They are broody easy keepers, great mothers and remind us of Kalfrick when we see her grandchildren.. We sold him a few years ago because he got a little hart to work around. He started charging in the corral, so off he went. He was huge..Kalfrick lived to be around 18.. Her last daughter is the spitting image of her but she'd be a ultra black, right, since her daddy was angus..I know our cows arent registered, but the mix would be very close.

Pure blood brangus crossed with pure blood angus will give you the ultrablack. Seem to be getting more and more popular around Texas anyway.

Red Bull Breeder":3lk1dokh said:
kucala5":3lk1dokh said:
Thanks for the replies. We have two found we may use this spring. They are on our place now and not at all high headed. We used a Hereford the last two years with plans to keep choice heifers as replacements. We don't want to get too much red in the mix, they dock you pretty bad in our area if they aren't black. We already had four red of twelve babies this year. Hope the rest are black and bald!

Where are you at in Arkansas?
Marion County, you?

We had a second calf heifer open for Spring calving. She's 3rd period now with our first Ultra Black sired calf, our only Fall mama. Excited to see what we'll get.

Latest posts