try posting a pic

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
8_006.jpg

heres a pic of simba my herd bull

Of the 3 you posted I like him the most. The only thing I can fault on is needs alittle more muscle in the butt area.Other than that I like him a great deal.Does his calves come with that deep red color and do you get many paints from him?

yes his crossbred calves are a deep red.an they grow like weeds.his 1st reg calf is browish black color.an her momma is a black beefmaster.ill see if i cant download the pic an post it later.an ill see about posting 1 of his crossbred calves.

Thanks I would love to see some of his calves.The more I look at the more I like him. Is he pretty ease to work with?
If I can ask this on here, how far are you from Houston?

yes he is real easy to work around.he is a super gentle easy going bull.he will come to the fence where his feed pan is wanting feed.sm he calmly waits till i feed him.im 360mi from houston give or take.

texast said:
Of the 3 you posted I like him the most. The only thing I can fault on is needs alittle more muscle in the butt area.Other than that I like him a great deal./quote]

Ditto!

This bull has some good things about him that I like. I think the bull has a pretty strong top. He seems to be sound in his legs and feet (as far as I can see). The bull has good length. His muscle seems adequate. I would like more thickness and hind end. I would also improe the angle on his sheath where it turns down. His sheath is acceptable, though it appears a bit worse in the second photo. There's a good attachment, it just turns down at the end. He's definitely in his working clothes. I'd like to see what he looks like in better flesh.

Big Bull,

Is he scurred or dehorned? How much feed is he getting right now? Are you supplementing all of your cows? If so, what are they getting? I know it's been pretty dry here for a while now. I have no doubt the grass quality has peaked out and is now dropping off.

EC

he is getting no feed at all.except for when he comes up an pouts by feed pan.the 2nd pic isnt simba.thats a pic of 1 of his calves.all the cows are just getting pasure an nothing more.when beggs for feed he gets about 5lbs of grain.simbas sire is mufsa an his granpappy is painted tiger.he is a scurred bull.

He's definitely in his working clothes. I'd like to see what he looks like in better flesh.

When I first saw the pic the first question that sprang to my silly mind is why isn't this bull fat in all that grass?

he has gained 300 to 400lbs since i bought him.an he has grown alot since i bought him.you have to remember he is running 60 or 70 cows by hisself.so he covers alot of ground everyday.an the cows are running on about 150acs.

i know i like him an he is a real gentle easy going bull.the guy i bought him from said the next time i want another bull to call him.an that he would go pickout an get my next herd bull for me.because he always wants me to have an easy going gentle bull.

My apologies Big Bull. I remembered reading that the second picture was your bull's offspring. I retract my statement of his sheath appearing worse in the second photo. I will maintain my statement that his sheath is acceptable.

EC

Bigbull...I missed this post til today....Not a beefmaster fan so you'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt, but he is a nice looking bull and in pretty good condition considering he's got 60 head to cover in that big pasture. Gentle disposition is important to me so glad to know he has that. Can never get use to the beefmaster sheaths but "if it works" what the heck. :nod: I like him. You should get some classy cavles out of him. :clap: :clap:

bigbull338":313a99n8 said:
he has gained 300 to 400lbs since i bought him.an he has grown alot since i bought him.you have to remember he is running 60 or 70 cows by hisself.so he covers alot of ground everyday.an the cows are running on about 150acs.

BB, he's a good looking bull and you should be proud to own him. One thing I was curious about though. I've always heard 25 to 30 cows per bull. Why not run another bull with him on that many cows? Do you leave him with the cows year round?

simba is a beefmaster bull not a simbra.he is out with the cows year round.since we like to calve year round.he is a well bred bull.i have 6 reg beefmaster cows that i need to pen off.an put with my cottons pride bull.im hoping to get that done this fall.when we milked cows we always ran 1 bull to 90 to 120 cows. that way the bulls wasnt off fighting when cows was in heat.

Latest posts