Try out the new "Like" Button

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14. said:
ga.prime said:
greybeard said:
Where, is the 'unthank' button/icon

Thanking them twice removes the thanks.
the button disappears after thanking them

Yep. I've always thought "Like" type options are pretty pointless without a 'dislike' button to go along with them. :hide:

(otoh, if someone had, 30 years ago, told me that the adult 1st gen children of that same American generation that fought and destroyed tyranny on 2 global fronts, would become so inexorably enamored with likes, followers, friend-me, subscribers and such, I'd told them they were full of feces.

I just don't get it,.........how far we have digressed from that generation that didn't give a single shyte what the world or anyone else thought of them.)

Personally, I like having a "like button".It allows me to agree with or show appreciation for someone's idea without another reply.
Maybe it's a character flaw,but it makes me feel better to know someone out there agrees with some of my statements.

greybeard said:
I just don't get it,.........how far we have digressed from that generation that didn't give a single shyte what the world or anyone else thought of them.)

I I don't get why you'd think anyone wanted to read your comments seventeen thousand times.

greybeard said:
I notice in user Control Panel/board preferences/edit notification preferences, that there is a box checked by default enabling being notified every time someone 'thanks' ya, and.........one for being notified any time someone removes that 'thanks'.
Where, is the 'unthank' button/icon?

(I had already edited the preferences to keep from receiving notifications in some instance)
I now have a unthank you button! :banana:

ga.prime said:
alisonb said:
:lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sci...-social-media.html?ito=amp_whatsapp_share-top

Envy & depression :shock: .Perhaps we should do away with it.
Jokes aside, it certainly does break down communication...here on CT too.

bollocks

It pleases me that you have an opinion and are willing to engage in conversation instead of just using the 'like/unlike' button. :p

A 'like' button to me is similar to a 'close-ended' question...it does not promote conversation. It does have it's place I agree but is being totally overused. Many of us are busy, so to breeze through the forum and hit a couple of 'likes' on the day works for us...but what are we really contributing?

alisonb said:
A 'like' button to me is similar to a 'close-ended' question...it does not promote conversation. It does have it's place I agree but is being totally overused. Many of us are busy, so to breeze through the forum and hit a couple of 'likes' on the day works for us...but what are we really contributing?
I reckon that's contributing more than doing nothing. Also, it prevents people from continuously posting "wish we had a like button".

Workinonit Farm said:
I now have a unthank you button! :banana:

Where would that be found?
it now shows up in place of the thank you button after you thank someone

Latest posts