True Native Texan

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
You Know You're A True Texan When:

• 1. Sushi is considered bait.
    2. Bagels are considered hockey pucks.
    3. Bagels with cream cheese are considered spoiled hockey pucks.
    4. The seven food groups are: Chicken fried steak, fried chicken, beer, BBQ, Potatoes, Coffee, Catfish
    5. You consider breeding another Texan is "Line breeding"
    6. Two Yankees breeding is called "Inbreeding"
    7. John and Hillary are considered Sale Barn material
    8. SUV's are considered urban soccer mom vehicles
    9. Dirty pickup trucks are considered farm and ranch vehicles
    10. Lawyers, Politicians, and similar are considered ... you finish the sentence....
    11. Your handgun, rifle, and shotgun are your first 3 tools you buy
    12. You realize that the Republic of Texas law (still on the books) gives Texans the right to form their own country
    13. You feel a small time horse "rancher" with a $50,000 dually and a $75,000 aluminun trailer and a $500,000 house may have earned his/her money via questionable means
    14. Fences are your God Given Right
    15. You drink water out of your yard faucet or hose (or running creek) and put bottled water in your steam iron
    16. Wearing designer jeans and a hat with a feather in it would make people wonder about your "lifestyle."
    17. Always seen with clean boots (no mud or manure) says that you don't do any work
    18. You don't take a shower or put on clean clothes when you "go to town" to get something
    19. You wave at strangers
    20. If a predator comes on your farm or ranch land, you shoot, shovel, and shut up.

Running Arrow Bill":3anwd55y said:

20. If a predator comes on your farm or ranch land, you shoot, shovel, and shut up.

The way you folks talk, I thought sure this would have been #1 ;-) :D

Running Arrow Bill wrote:

The way you folks talk, I thought sure this would have been #1

We like to save the best for last.

In regard to #13, in this area of southeastern Missouri, that dually and aluminum trailer are much more likely to be sitting in front of a $2000 extremely well used and abused camping trailer or mobile home.

All of them fit for me except #12 and I live a long ways from Texas. But I was in Texas for a couple of weeks in 1973, does that count?
Dave

Most fit me pretty well too. Our cattle trailer was made in TX, does that count??? :lol:

fit2btied":3nv74bdr said:
In regard to #13, in this area of southeastern Missouri, that dually and aluminum trailer are much more likely to be sitting in front of a $2000 extremely well used and abused camping trailer or mobile home.

Around these parts the excuse is, "You can sleep in your dually but you cain't drive your house."

Latest posts