True hog story

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
10 feral hogs eating under a tri pad feeder, I watched a young friend belly crawl about 50 ft up to the feeder and into the eating area between the tri pad legs , the hogs did not run off for several minutes as he lay their amongst them. :cowboy:

It is video taped on Facebook but I do not know how to get from their to here. Maybe some of you smart ones can do it. Facebook ( Jason Playfair )

Caustic Burno":k25b5si1 said:
kenny thomas":k25b5si1 said:
CB, you mean to tell me you can't sneak up and pull a tail hair from an old boar? I'm disappointed. Lol

You want to try this one under the tripod?

I'll give it a whirl

cowboy43":li37s9o7 said:
It is video taped on Facebook but I do not know how to get from their to here. Maybe some of you smart ones can do it. Facebook ( Jason Playfair )

Even if it is the boy failed the IQ test.
I kill lots of hogs every year and I am very careful how I handle them.
Talk about a petra dish of diseases to crawl through.

"Various diseases of wild hogs include pseudorabies, swine brucellosis, tuberculosis, bubonic plague, tularemia, hog cholera, foot and mouth disease, and anthrax. Internal parasites include kidney worms, stomach worms, round worms and whipworms. Liver flukes and trichinosis are also found in hogs. External parasites include dog ticks, fleas and hog lice."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865094/

I've got a hog penned up that I caught bare handed. As I drove through pasture I saw a Sounder of hogs big and small running through the brush. Several small ones ducked into a brush pile.
Hogs will lay in a brush pile real tight and hide. We've worked building fence running saws and tractors for hours in one area. Finally sit down to eat a bite and have hogs bust out a brush pile we've been all around all day. I've walked right into the middle of them on foot and horseback more times than I can count. Once they get confident their safe it seems they really lower their guard.
Anyways I got out and walked up to the brush pile. The little football sized pigs huddled up in there. I reach in and grab two by the back legs. Two was to much and I ended up with one. I hog tied him with muletape and he's being fed right now. Probably about 90 pounds.

I also saw a 70 year old woman Wade into a pile of prickly pear, Lacy dogs and hog . She drug the hog out by the back legs rolled it over so a very nervous GI who was paying for the hunt could kill it with his knife.

Both true stories

callmefence":38a4iqzr said:
Caustic Burno":38a4iqzr said:
Fence I actually thought you were smarter than to handle the disease ridden beast.
Texas regs

https://www.tahc.texas.gov/news/brochur ... lSwine.pdf

Hogs can legally be held on the property of capture. Or transport to a licensed holding facility

Correct I never argued that point if I came across that way I was wrong.
Son ran the state hog farm for years, he got my mind right about the beast.
I try to never touch one now without paper suit surgical gloves and eye protection.

https://invasivespecies.wa.gov/document ... ncerns.pdf

What was that all about? The picture had the date on it and the moon phase was even correct for the 10th of this month. Think before you post and delete. It doesn't matter one way or the other to me, quit digging and carry on.

True Grit Farms":p0c8rueq said:
What was that all about? The picture had the date on it and the moon phase was even correct for the 10th of this month. Think before you post and delete. It doesn't matter one way or the other to me, quit digging and carry on.

Computer glitched I need a new IPad.
Wasn't me in the picture Grit that was my dead neighbor skinning hogs I trapped.
Look at the membership photos with the one I posted I am the big ugly fellow with a beard. Have had one for over a decade.
Secondly read the post on how my son who ran the state hog farm got my mind right on hog handling.

Again the difficult part read.

I understand now how Raven leads you time and time again and again.

Latest posts