Truck Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":3vlxxwei said:
I had good luck with coopers a number of years ago so I had no reason not to put them on my one ton right before I drove it back and forth between CA and OK seven times. About all I can say good about them is that they will replace them free of charge... unless it's a complete blowout like two of them were where there is nothing at all left, in which case they won't because they can't determine that the tire was faulty..
I've put about 20,000 miles on the truck since I put them on. I've had two complete blowouts including one that almost dumped a load of horses out in the middle of OKC, two tires replaced that were ready to blow, currently have a spare on the front and two that are warped pretty bad on the back end,and a spare that makes me think I might be better off stranded. The tire shop in CA checked my alignment twice so I know it isn't the truck. They offered to replace all six but I'd have to take it back to CA to do it.

Same experience here, but at least you got some customer service from Cooper. After the first blowout on my trailer, I bought a new Cooper for the spare on it. After the subsequent troubles, I removed that particular brand new tire from the rim and tossed it. You literally couldn't pay me to use a set of Cooper tires today.

cfpinz":2b97s094 said:
cow pollinater":2b97s094 said:
I had good luck with coopers a number of years ago so I had no reason not to put them on my one ton right before I drove it back and forth between CA and OK seven times. About all I can say good about them is that they will replace them free of charge... unless it's a complete blowout like two of them were where there is nothing at all left, in which case they won't because they can't determine that the tire was faulty..
I've put about 20,000 miles on the truck since I put them on. I've had two complete blowouts including one that almost dumped a load of horses out in the middle of OKC, two tires replaced that were ready to blow, currently have a spare on the front and two that are warped pretty bad on the back end,and a spare that makes me think I might be better off stranded. The tire shop in CA checked my alignment twice so I know it isn't the truck. They offered to replace all six but I'd have to take it back to CA to do it.

Same experience here, but at least you got some customer service from Cooper. After the first blowout on my trailer, I bought a new Cooper for the spare on it. After the subsequent troubles, I removed that particular brand new tire from the rim and tossed it. You literally couldn't pay me to use a set of Cooper tires today.
I figured you had thought up a way to wrap old tires in duct tape so you could keep using the carcass of the ones that came new on your vehicles.

cfpinz":22spmu5p said:
Same experience here, but at least you got some customer service from Cooper. .
It had more to do with the tire shop than it did cooper. They were really good about it. The complete blowouts that cooper wouldn't replace they did out of their own pocket and the offer to switch brands wasn't asked for. The owner called me after the second blowout but I was already a thousand miles away on the final trip.

dun":1d9t7vnw said:
I figured you had thought up a way to wrap old tires in duct tape so you could keep using the carcass of the ones that came new on your vehicles.

That'd be an improvement over a Cooper!

midTN_Brangusman":16t5hqu3 said:
I replaced my one ton last year with Coopers, first time with a Cooper tire. I tow right at 30k lbs regularly and they seem to hold up well. To me they are the best bang for your buck.

Maybe I should start looking now for some replacements :hide:

Latest posts