Truck tire suggestions for F350.

Help Support CattleToday:

Hauled some hay and calve this week, truck seems a little loose in the rear when towing and going around curves. Any one else ever has this problem?

tom4018":6jey2m6i said:
Hauled some hay and calve this week, truck seems a little loose in the rear when towing and going around curves. Any one else ever has this problem?

Those Toyos are known for that. Google it and read the reviews. Not all 10ply tires are created equal. The sidewall ply is what helps with that walking.

Brute 23":2mjnlbz1 said:
tom4018":2mjnlbz1 said:

Those Toyos are known for that. Google it and read the reviews. Not all 10ply tires are created equal. The sidewall ply is what helps with that walking.

I did that before I bought them and never saw any that mentioned that, It seems no matter the brand they all have some bad reviews.

Brute 23":1hcuxvih said:
tom4018":1hcuxvih said:

When towing a heavily loaded trailer with any pickup or tires I'd be sure to have the rear tires aired up to max pressure (80 psi) For just running around without a full load 60 psi would probably be OK :idea: I carry about 50 psi in front.

HDRider":99yi40rt said:
tom4018":99yi40rt said:
I put a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 on it yesterday. Truck actually rides better on the road although they make a bit more noise than the old tires. Will see one day how they do in the mud when hauling calves. It spends more time on the road than in a field so I could not justify getting a dedicated mud tire. Thanks for the replies.

TireOverview_OPAT2-Left.png

LIGHT TRUCK & SUV
Open Country A/T II
ON-/OFF-ROAD ALL-TERRAIN TIRE

Pavement is optional with these versatile all-terrain tires. They offer over 40% more tread-life than the leading competitors*, a blatantly aggressive tread design, and a quiet ride. Open Country A/T II tires also come with an industry-leading 65,000-mile tread-wear warranty.

That tread design looks identical to the Hankook ATm :p :p :p :hide: :hide: :hide:

http://discountiredirect.com/direct/tir ... &typ=Truck%FSUV

John SD":c25ijm4n said:
HDRider":c25ijm4n said:
tom4018":c25ijm4n said:
I put a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 on it yesterday. Truck actually rides better on the road although they make a bit more noise than the old tires. Will see one day how they do in the mud when hauling calves. It spends more time on the road than in a field so I could not justify getting a dedicated mud tire. Thanks for the replies.

TireOverview_OPAT2-Left.png

LIGHT TRUCK & SUV
Open Country A/T II
ON-/OFF-ROAD ALL-TERRAIN TIRE

Pavement is optional with these versatile all-terrain tires. They offer over 40% more tread-life than the leading competitors*, a blatantly aggressive tread design, and a quiet ride. Open Country A/T II tires also come with an industry-leading 65,000-mile tread-wear warranty.

That tread design looks identical to the Hankook ATm :p :p :p :hide: :hide: :hide:

http://discountiredirect.com/direct/tir ... &typ=Truck%FSUV

Hankook's handle really bad in my opinion, jury is still out on these.

Toyo M-55, best I ever put on my Silverado hd3500. Running some 50k Coopers now not as goo of a tire as the M-55. I'll be lucky to get 25k out of the coopers, we'll see how they treat me this fall when I go in for a mileage adjustment.

My last set of tires on the daily driver dodge 2500 were Cooper all terrains and I got almost 100k miles out of them. I was not prompt about rotating either. Probably 20% of the time pulling a trailer. They rode great. I'd get them again. I'm also a fan of Michelins if there's not a lot of mud involved. I've got a first gen Dodge with a set of Michelins with around 100k on them.

Latest posts