Truck tire suggestions for F350.

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Got a belt broke in a tire. It is on a F350 single rear wheel 4WD. Any suggestions for a decent tire that has some mud traction. It has Mastercraft Courser AT on it now, they do really well in snow, ok on the highway but pretty poor even with just a little mud. Local dealer has a new version of them the Mastercraft Courser AXT and another dealer is pushing Hankook and Nitto Terra Grappler G2. My experience with Hankook as been bad so I really don't want them. Any suggestions?

I have hankook tires on my 1 ton ford and im extremely pleased. Have had them over 2 years and they still look almost new and ive put good miles on them. They dont make alot of noise on the highway and they have worked in the mud. My pastures is a very slick black dirt and it holds moisture for a long time, with all this rain these tires have had alot of tests. I have been to the point where im spinning and not moving but they just keep diggin and eventually get the truck moving. Ive gone 1000 foot through the pasture (not by choice) when it was way to wet and they haven't let me down. I have one of their all terrain tires that is a size or two bigger than stock. I wanted something to help keep me from getting stuck but still tow pretty heavy. They also have been good towing. They will be the next tire on the truck

Haha i wrote all that about hankook and i had missed where you mentioned not wanting them. My experience with nitto has been they wore to fast.

CaddoFarms":14a234zm said:
Haha i wrote all that about hankook and i had missed where you mentioned not wanting them. My experience with nitto has been they wore to fast.
I have done some searches and people really so good things about Hankook. I have had several fail that came on the company work vans, so they don't seem dependable to me.

I have Hankook Dynapros on both of my pickups :oops: :hide:

ATm on the GMC 3500 4wd. HT on the Dodge 2500 2wd. All in size 26575R-16. Not much time or miles on them. The jury is still out I guess :???:

I am running Nitto Trail Grapplers on mine. They are wearing pretty quick but I pull a gooseneck so much everything does. They are better than street tread but I have been stuck plenty in them. Those trucks just don't do mud well especially if they are 6 spd. Fierce Attitude is what was suggested to me and kinda wish now I had stuck to my guns when dealer recommended Nitto.

I have goodyear wranglers on the front of my truck.. if you need some mud traction without going extreme, they're pretty good.. and my truck eats tires, and they're lasting better than the Dick Cepek mountaincat tires I had by far... On the rear of my truck i have a milder tire.. got them at wally world... they seem fair.. I got through the winter alright with them.

Another good, long wearing tire, though not really a mud tire is the BFG All Terrain T/A..

My dad ran Hankook 14ply on his consistently overloaded chevy 1 ton... they were USELESS if you even got near a cowpie, but he was getting 60,000 miles on them.. expensive tire though!

Either one... the Nitto or Hankook. The Nitto is a little heavier duty tire. I have the G2s on my Duramax right now but have ran quite a few sets of Hankook when I was gauging.

In all honesty I wish I would have gotten the Nitto M/Ts on my Duramax also. I had them on my Dodge and got a hair over 50K mi out of them. They were good in the mud, good through the brush, and handled good on the highway. Hard to go back to the ATs after running the MTs.

I can't see putting mud tires on a new diesel truck. I like Michelin tires myself, they ride great and have no road noise. I'm a believer in having a 4x4 truck, but I can't bring myself to try and tear it up.

highgrit":3bcqcvs7 said:
I can't see putting mud tires on a new diesel truck. I like Michelin tires myself, they ride great and have no road noise. I'm a believer in having a 4x4 truck, but I can't bring myself to try and tear it up.
HG
I ran a new truck with mud tires because i bought it to work out of and to do the work I needed to do I had to have MUD tires and I also had to have a truck that I could depend on
Is a little different if a guy has a truck that he uses to feed or check cows in that gets drove maybe 1 or 2 times a week but I had to have one that I could drive 30 to 40,000 miles per yr in harsh conditions
We tried using older trucks but that didnt work because it seemed we always had one in the shop all the time for something
We couldn't afford down time and we had to have a truck we could depend on to get the job done

I put a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 on it yesterday. Truck actually rides better on the road although they make a bit more noise than the old tires. Will see one day how they do in the mud when hauling calves. It spends more time on the road than in a field so I could not justify getting a dedicated mud tire. Thanks for the replies.

tom4018":29he2tcd said:
I put a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 on it yesterday. Truck actually rides better on the road although they make a bit more noise than the old tires. Will see one day how they do in the mud when hauling calves. It spends more time on the road than in a field so I could not justify getting a dedicated mud tire. Thanks for the replies.

You'll be pleased.

tom4018":2srkxoty said:

TireOverview_OPAT2-Left.png

LIGHT TRUCK & SUV
Open Country A/T II
ON-/OFF-ROAD ALL-TERRAIN TIRE

Pavement is optional with these versatile all-terrain tires. They offer over 40% more tread-life than the leading competitors*, a blatantly aggressive tread design, and a quiet ride. Open Country A/T II tires also come with an industry-leading 65,000-mile tread-wear warranty.

Latest posts