Trouble makers

Help Support CattleToday:

Shanghai

Reaction score
There seems to be a couple of bad apples that feel the need to stir the sh*t and then it's like a pack of dog's and others join in.
I don't understand how mouthing off on an internet forum reinforces ones ego, but that's the only reason that comes to mind.

I really don't believe people would look another person in the eye and say the things they do on this forum.

Even if you don't agree you can be respectful and polite, if you can't then it'd be best for everyone to keep your mouth closed

Amen!
It is really kind of sick entertainment.
Be careful Shanghai, you'll be the next one to get bit and put on the (not so) dreaded "foe list"!

It goes in cycles so it seems. I would think that most folks on here will tell you how they feel face to face. If not they have no business typing such stuff. Good post Shanghai.

highgrit":124k0zzp said:
It goes in cycles so it seems.
  • I would think that most folks on here will tell you how they feel face to face
. If not they have no business typing such stuff. Good post Shanghai.

I have my doubts on a few

branguscowgirl":19hc3cna said:
Amen!
It is really kind of sick entertainment.
Be careful Shanghai, you'll be the next one to get bit and put on the (not so) dreaded "foe list"!

I'm good with that, I don't do well with a war of words. Either we're friends or we ain't.
If someone disagrees and wants to have a discussion like an adult I'll oblige, but when someone gets irate and starts with insults I'm done talking

Good post. There have actually been several good users ran off, in the time I've been here. I will admit, that out of morbid curiosity, I read most of the sillyness. I guess it's human nature. If you were walking down the street, and saw 2 people hugging, you wouldn't give it a second look. If you saw 2 people fighting, you'd take it all in. The same concept applies here. I personally try hard not to argue both here, and in real life. Nobody wins an arguement. I have never revealed what I do for a living. I will say the biggest part of my job is "dealing with the negative". The average person sadly is filled with: regret, hostility, weakness, fear, shame, you name it. What we say reflects how we feel.

Shanghai":7a3m46cv said:
There seems to be a couple of bad apples that feel the need to stir the sh*t and then it's like a pack of dog's and others join in.
I don't understand how mouthing off on an internet forum reinforces ones ego, but that's the only reason that comes to mind.

I really don't believe people would look another person in the eye and say the things they do on this forum.

Even if you don't agree you can be respectful and polite, if you can't then it'd be best for everyone to keep your mouth closed

I couldn't agree more. In fact I remember one time right here on CT when a guy from West Texas was gonna drive all the way to East Texas to whoop ole CB's butt. The whole thread got yanked but it sure made for some funny reading for at least a little while.

Anybody else remember that one?

TennesseeTuxedo":12qqswik said:
Shanghai":12qqswik said:

I couldn't agree more. In fact I remember one time right here on CT when a guy from West Texas was gonna drive all the way to East Texas to whoop ole CB's butt. The whole thread got yanked but it sure made for some funny reading for at least a little while.

Anybody else remember that one?

I've made my fair share of mistakes and poor judgment and owned up to the fact I was wrong and regret it ever happened
Edit
It was a misunderstanding on a choice of a word I used and understandably he took offense, As I stated I was wrong

Bigfoot you are right on "morbid curiosity". We all share it. But we can give nasty people incouragement with being a participating audience.
Would any of you stand by and watch the school bully pound on the school nerd, just because you agreed that he was a nerd and he didn't fit in? I think not. So why do we let it go on here?

Yea I have noticed that some people say anything they want and it's fine and others get an azz ripping for the same thing. Also some can post pics of multi colored cattle and get told how beautiful they are while others will be accused of raising mongrels.

I think some of you have got it all wrong , she is the bully . I commented to a thread that I have never read before, because her drivel is exhausting, as I received a message to me regarding the leg back when calving and they knew I have had that happen a couple of times . I responded to the post about pulling a calf with a leg back ,, NOT to her,, and the next thing you know I get a very snotty #ss comment directed my way .

No one is one my foe list , but I do ignore and not read crap because who posts it .

Life is too short to waste time on people with that much empty space in their head . :tiphat:

piedmontese":21sbpj8b said:
Yea I have noticed that some people say anything they want and it's fine and others get an azz ripping for the same thing. Also some can post pics of multi colored cattle and get told how beautiful they are while others will be accused of raising mongrels.

If you research those threads that turn south you 'll find they have a couple of the same posters starting the ball rolling then others jump on board

A few try standing their ground and they get ganged up on.
Others come to the rescue of the victim and it turns into back and forth insults

It's a reoccurring theme and players

Shanghai":1fzlnd4l said:
piedmontese":1fzlnd4l said:

If you research those threads that turn south you 'll find they have a couple of the same posters starting the ball rolling then others jump on board

A few try standing their ground and they get ganged up on.
Others come to the rescue of the victim and it turns into back and forth insults

It's a reoccurring theme and players
If you completely take cowgirl8 out of the equation, it still occurs. There is a definite double standard here.
I would love to see the reaction of the group if someone like cowgirl8 posted the same picture as someone like Dun. They are at opposite ends of the "respect" scale. Everyone would love one photo and hate the other, just by who was posting it.
It happens all the time with various comments. One (not so popular) poster will make a suggestion that will be ignored by all. Another (popular) poster will come along and basically say the same thing as the first guy, but now it is a great suggestion. :roll:

I dont know of anyone i dislike on here, i take it all for what it is.
Branguscowgirl summed it all up in that last paragraph. Thats the way with most everything in life, theres little clicks here and there in whatever the situation, its human nature.
I think there would be more replies to things without the ridicule, everybody has an opinion if you like someones us it if not move on.
Not every situation is the same what works in TN may not in TX.

highschool-yearbook.jpg

As all species do, Homo sapiens establish a pecking order. They seek out the individuals who are weak, different, or at a disadvantage and they drive them to the lower order of the hierarchy.

In regard to the primary subject of this thread. I agree to an extent. But folks this has nothing to do with her cattle. Come on, man. Open your eyes. cowgirl8 makes herself a target. You want to play like she does, you better expect the big kids to be mean. It is not a mystery to me why she is being picked on!!!

Candidly, I am separated from the culture of Cattle Today by one vast philosophical difference - I am a devout PAGAN. The culture of Cattle Today is conservative Christian. Although I am conservative, I am a fiscal conservative and less so a social conservative. Oddly, sometimes opposites attract. In example, chuckie is an extreme conservative Christian but despite that, she and I have become very good friends. Fire Sweep Ranch is another example. I come here mainly for entertainment. I don't think cowgirl8 has any idea why she is here. She shows no capacity to learn how to interact. It is extremely easy for her to extricate herself from the quagmire. Surely everyone sees her responses. They simply invite more attacks.

BTW: Shanghai, who are the "trouble makers"? :D

Latest posts