Trouble makers

Help Support CattleToday:

CottageFarm":heavdfgi said:
Who is "them", and where did they call you a troublemaker? I guess I've missed a bunch of (funny?) stuff the past few days. I'm afraid I don't have time to read everything this morning.

Sorry CF & Shang I couldn't resist that joke. :oops:

"Run Forest Run".

I guess I am to stupid to heed such advice. Dun got me chuckling in another thread and "Run Forest Run" comes to mind now.

I don't feel threatened nor do I feel like I am any less of a person.

I am proud of who I am. I put myself thru college and it wasn't easy. Life has dealt me some serious blows but I have also been blessed and have made lucky choices. I was burned out in '90. That was about as disheartening as it gets. Not only did I lose 3 barns but also lost a lot of sentimental items. All up in smoke.

Sent a daughter off to college and she came home a dope head. I raised that child and feel I did all the right things. That was disheartening too. Downright embarassing at times. But i don't mind sharing the experience. Now I am raising two of her sons.

I am who I am. You feel a need to levy put downs to people who have not been blessed as I have. Why? It is not so much as calling you a trouble maker. It has more to do with trying to understand why you need to stereo-type me or people like me.

I earn income with cattle. Cattle are paying for land I am acquiring. They are a benefit to my lifestyle. My youngest grandson loves it. He is all about being a cowboy. There is a lot of responsibilities for those kids to learn even if the cattle didn't earn a nickel.

There are hundreds in this forum with a story to tell. Good people. No matter how bad they are at some things, everyone is good for something. We may never know what the talents of some are.

No matter how much land you have and no matter how many cows you have, there are no guarantees.

Maybe I should pull out my investments. Liquidate stocks? Buy more land? Buy more cows? Then I perhaps might count? In your eyes?

Consider the mass numbers of people in this forum you have classified and levied insults at? They don't care if you have 300 or 3000 cows. No matter how BIG you are, we all know someone bigger.

I truly don't care.

Boogie, anybody who would consider you a trouble maker has a serious problem with head/azz inversion!
You're in a running tie for CT's all time "nicest guy" award.

skyhightree1":3oyv75in said:
CottageFarm":3oyv75in said:
Who is "them", and where did they call you a troublemaker? I guess I've missed a bunch of (funny?) stuff the past few days. I'm afraid I don't have time to read everything this morning.

Sorry CF & Shang I couldn't resist that joke. :oops:

No worries sky, I warned her month's ago that it would be fodder for jokes for a VERY LONG TIME!!
(It was some time around page 2 or 3 of that thread, and I recommended she drop it and let it go....)
As with "yougottabeshittingme", it's simply too good to not take advantage of on occasion :lol2:

Thank you Cottage Farm. There's a lot of good people here. You've been reading for a long time. You know.

I have been blessed to meet a few in person. Had one really bad experience too.

This is Macon's house. He does the best he can.

I'd hate to see more of the good ones leave here because it is turning in to the Jerry Springer show.

Imagine you are reading this forum for the first time. What is your impression as of late? :)

There's a lot of good people here.... You know.

Yup. I occasionally get worked up and get a dig in. (And have taken a few well deserved ones! :lol: )
but I find it quite remarkable that you always find a way to be nice to everyone, even when one can tell that you're a bit steamed!
That ability to temper oneself does not come so easily for all of us. :tiphat:

branguscowgirl":1o9i2tyj said:
It happens all the time with various comments. One (not so popular) poster will make a suggestion that will be ignored by all. Another (popular) poster will come along and basically say the same thing as the first guy, but now it is a great suggestion. :roll:
It has everything to do with credibility and nothing to do with popularity. :nod:

TexasBred":s3ydgaz4 said:
branguscowgirl":s3ydgaz4 said:
It happens all the time with various comments. One (not so popular) poster will make a suggestion that will be ignored by all. Another (popular) poster will come along and basically say the same thing as the first guy, but now it is a great suggestion. :roll:
It has everything to do with credibility and nothing to do with popularity. :nod:
I understand. Perhaps I used the wrong word. But if the first comment was every bit as creditable, that should speak for itself.
For example, there was a poster on here that I knew was a very experienced large animal vet. (Most people probably did not know his/her profession.) He/she made some very good observations, but was totally ignored. Rarely see this person try to help any longer. It is a shame too, because the more knowledge shared, the better.

I apologize to everyone for starting trouble. You see I have always been a little mischievous and you really do not learn about a person till you get their dander up.
I will not get on the band wagon.

TexasBred":9uu7mf1l said:
branguscowgirl":9uu7mf1l said:

That's true to an extent
Some of it as in life may not have the best(whatever the case may be) but have the personality that people are drawn and flock to

I promise if I had the personality of some I'd be a wealthy man

Friend of mine said I don't need fame and fortune
Give me personality and I'll get the rest

TexasBred":1ww0m6nv said:
branguscowgirl":1ww0m6nv said:

Is it true credibility or perceived credibility? :D :compute:

TennesseeTuxedo":2di68g9x said:
Good grief, just when I thought your Avatar couldn't get any worse.....
TT don't forget...that stands for "Free Shoes University". :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

Brute 23":19fr1dif said:
TexasBred":19fr1dif said:
branguscowgirl":19fr1dif said:

Perception is reality, but not everyone has the same perception.

TexasBred":3dr02e00 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3dr02e00 said:

I'll have you know we changed it To "free seafood university"

M5farm":2bhnf2fi said:
TexasBred":2bhnf2fi said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2bhnf2fi said:

I'll have you know we changed it To "free seafood university"
:lol: :lol: That should guarantee a sellout every weekend. :nod: :nod:

CottageFarm":2tfip7kk said:
Brute 23":2tfip7kk said:
TexasBred":2tfip7kk said:

Perception is reality, but not everyone has the same perception.

Are there true and false perceptions even though they are both reality?

Can I manipulate what I put out to give you a certain perception?

Well, its good to know that we can all get along..... if there is anything that i havent made clear and you have questions, please ask me. But i'm happy to just get on with life.

Latest posts