Trouble makers

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":onx82991 said:
I think some of you have got it all wrong , she is the bully . I commented to a thread that I have never read before, because her drivel is exhausting, as I received a message to me regarding the leg back when calving and they knew I have had that happen a couple of times . I responded to the post about pulling a calf with a leg back ,, NOT to her,, and the next thing you know I get a very snotty #ss comment directed my way .

No one is one my foe list , but I do ignore and not read crap because who posts it .

Life is too short to waste time on people with that much empty space in their head . :tiphat:
What short a ss comment?????? I saw that you said you pulled one...i said interesting because i was told you couldnt by a vet. I then said that i often wondered that with a small calf that maybe you could....go back and reread that. I question everything even when a vet tells me something. They told me this, a vet, and i questioned them, not you. You read my comment wrong. I was on my tractor and read a comment, did you delete a comment on that thread? I didnt have my glasses on and it was real bumpy so i couldnt read it good but i remember seeing something that made me thing, oops i did it again...lol Unless i'm pushed, i have never made a rude comment. If thats not the comment, what did i say that made you so angry that you no longer want to waste your time on a person with so much empty space....?

And that's the difference. A vet calls and asks, "Can I get your opinion on something?". Other times, "Can I get your help working some cows?.....".

We have all known a vet that should have chosen a different career. Are you quoting one of those?

None of this really matters to me. I truly don't care.

I had my gut full of playing cowboy when I was a child. I chose a different profession. I could have done exactly what you have done. I chose different.

You think people like me are envious. You call me a hobby cattleman. Now you are trying to impress me with something a vet told you? People call me when the vet can't come or when he has given up? There is a probation officer north of town that tells everyone I am the "cattle whisperer".

You are now on the defensive. If the words in these threads are coming from "hobby" people who you think look to you with envy, why do these words matter to you so much? Why do they matter?

Cowgirl you cannot have it both ways.

hillsdown":1kappdq4 said:
I think some of you have got it all wrong , she is the bully . I commented to a thread that I have never read before, because her drivel is exhausting, as I received a message to me regarding the leg back when calving and they knew I have had that happen a couple of times . I responded to the post about pulling a calf with a leg back ,, NOT to her,, and the next thing you know I get a very snotty #ss comment directed my way .

No one is one my foe list , but I do ignore and not read crap because who posts it .

Life is too short to waste time on people with that much empty space in their head . :tiphat:
Here is the comment..

Interesting... I was told you couldnt by a vet, but i still questioned. I figured if the cow was really roomy an the calf small it could. We had a roomy cow with a calf with a leg back. We needed to get her to the corral which was over a mile away. When she stood up the calf went back in. He was way out when we found her. It was nothing to get the calf in the right position once we got her in the chute. He was huge though but she was really close to getting him out.

This in no way calling you a liar i was commenting on you comment that you validated my questioning the vet.. Please read it again. And if i questioned a vet BHB, i'm not the first and obviously i was right to question, here is someone who did it. The calf he was working on was a giant red and white sim. He was so far out, no way could he be pushed back in yet he was still alive. This was my first to witness a calf in this predicament. I'm a question asker so while we were there, i asked questions. One was, "He looks like he's almost out, what would happen if we just pulled him out?" His answer and knowing i was wanting to learn, he said, "They will not come out this way, you 'have' to get that leg out." This was around 20 years ago and he ended up cutting the calf out. That has stuck with me all these years. But in the back of my head, now that we've dealt with this situation about 6 times on our own, i thought, i bet it would come out if a cow was roomy and the calf little.
This is why i try so hard to explain, somehow information is not crossing over right. If i try to explain thoroughly, i'm told i'm boring and long winded, if i try to condense it, its taken wrong. :bang:

You need not explain yourself on my account. You make it perfectly clear that I am a nobody by your standards. That's perfectly okay.

We don't have to be best buds. I'll live. It's really okay.

backhoeboogie":2lf7qlgj said:
And that's the difference. A vet calls and asks, "Can I get your opinion on something?". Other times, "Can I get your help working some cows?.....".

We have all known a vet that should have chosen a different career. Are you quoting one of those?

None of this really matters to me. I truly don't care.

I had my gut full of playing cowboy when I was a child. I chose a different profession. I could have done exactly what you have done. I chose different.

You think people like me are envious. You call me a hobby cattleman. Now you are trying to impress me with something a vet told you? People call me when the vet can't come or when he has given up? There is a probation officer north of town that tells everyone I am the "cattle whisperer".

You are now on the defensive. If the words in these threads are coming from "hobby" people who you think look to you with envy, why do these words matter to you so much? Why do they matter?

Cowgirl you cannot have it both ways.
Not sure how to comment on this. I'd like to assure you that i dont feel any superiority over anyone here. Just trying to get across that what works on small herds does not on large. Mainly bull situations. And the dreaded chicken litter debockle... If i had a small herd in no way would i ever consider chicken litter and would probably question it as well. But its our business, how we make money. Cows were super low, no way in heII would we sell out at that time. The people who were the most judgmental were the ones with small herds. Imagine feeding 250..we had to culled hard, we still had around 150 to feed. We did what we needed to do and it worked out. It was hard work and looking back i'm proud that we did get through it. Everyone here shares their cattle experiences, why are mine judged so harshly?

i was working on it....didnt want it to be too long winded. and i'll stick in a lol, its meant to mean i'm just joking around.

Drequently it isn;t the message but how it is delivered. I thought it was Ogden Nash but apparantly it can't be attributed to anyone person but it is still true. "Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he will look forward to making the trip."

The vet cattleman who I respect more than anyone else in real life, used chicken litter. He liked it.

There is no chicken litter available anywhere around here. He had some trucked in. The people did not spread it evenly. He did not know that. A partch of Johnson grass took off in that hot spot. When he turned the cows in that patch he lost some.

He is not opposed to chicken litter and he keeps using it. He feels this was a matter of, "If you want a job done right......." He had hired it done.

I have no personal experience with chicken litter. All I know is what I have read and what I have been told.

branguscowgirl":1v2y16el said:
Shanghai":1v2y16el said:
piedmontese":1v2y16el said:
Yea I have noticed that some people say anything they want and it's fine and others get an azz ripping for the same thing. Also some can post pics of multi colored cattle and get told how beautiful they are while others will be accused of raising mongrels.

If you research those threads that turn south you 'll find they have a couple of the same posters starting the ball rolling then others jump on board

A few try standing their ground and they get ganged up on.
Others come to the rescue of the victim and it turns into back and forth insults

It's a reoccurring theme and players
If you completely take cowgirl8 out of the equation, it still occurs. There is a definite double standard here.
I would love to see the reaction of the group if someone like cowgirl8 posted the same picture as someone like Dun. They are at opposite ends of the "respect" scale. Everyone would love one photo and hate the other, just by who was posting it.
It happens all the time with various comments. One (not so popular) poster will make a suggestion that will be ignored by all. Another (popular) poster will come along and basically say the same thing as the first guy, but now it is a great suggestion. :roll:

:nod: Its called the Bandwagon effect. A bunch of people who can't think for themselves ride the coats tails of some one who has a good reputation. The same thing will happen with info. You have people who have never experienced some thing but they have read posts about it so much they think they are an expert. Once you are on these forums long enough you will see crazy stuff. People reposting things you said like its their idea when two years ago you explained it to them. :lol: Set you feeling aside, just come looking for ideas, and you will have a lot more pleasant experience. Don't worry about the person typing or their "lack of diplomacy"... just read the meat and decide if its some thing you can use.

skyhightree1":16x27fc1 said:
Shanghai":16x27fc1 said:
I really don't believe people would look another person in the eye and say the things they do on this forum.

I would and probably be worse face to face.

:nod: Its only gonna be bad if the truth hurts. :D

skyhightree1":1pfvdnky said:
Shanghai":1pfvdnky said:
I really don't believe people would look another person in the eye and say the things they do on this forum.

I would and probably be worse face to face.

I have not met any CT people that I know of... but in general every one seems nicer in person. Whether its on forums or email, people are trying to be brief and to the point. That comes across cold. You have very little context to go with the info.

That is my experience with forums and even at work emailing people. ;-)

Now I will not intentionally be a butthead but I won't shy away from what im thinking and feel like I should say biting your tongue hurts.

There' an old saying....
"If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, befuddle them with bullshyte"

Sometimes those labeled "trouble makers" are simply those who've been neither bedazzled nor befuddled, and are simply calling it the way they see it. Other times, yes, it can be a lynching. However, lest one forget, there is frequently a protagonist
(antagonist, perhaps?) who is at the center of the storm and refuses to just let it go.

backhoeboogie":1kj6yqsu said:
The vet cattleman who I respect more than anyone else in real life, used chicken litter. He liked it.

There is no chicken litter available anywhere around here. He had some trucked in. The people did not spread it evenly. He did not know that. A partch of Johnson grass took off in that hot spot. When he turned the cows in that patch he lost some.

He is not opposed to chicken litter and he keeps using it. He feels this was a matter of, "If you want a job done right......." He had hired it done.

I have no personal experience with chicken litter. All I know is what I have read and what I have been told.

I never promoted it, but people got so mad at me in that thread.. Its just how we survived the drought. Many people use it around here, its plentiful. From what i've heard its not good if you ship it. My son in laws family lost a herd to it, apparently they didnt cure it right and it was shipped from a distance. I think that is the reason its illegal in some areas because it either doesnt get hot enough and there are no chicken barns close by.... Just like any feed, its gotta be done right. My daughter had some cows get out into a milo field and she lost some of them, no litter involved, but people still feed feed with it in it. We fed littler under the instructions of a big bull breeder who uses litter from his own chicken barns. We felt safe that we would be using the same thing he feeds his high dollar bulls. If you stand there and watch them eat it, and then take a tour of his barns full of it, it looked safe. And what i tried to get across is if you had 20ish cows, it wouldnt have paid to even think of chicken litter because you have to buy a semi truck load at a time. You gotta have a lot of room and a lot of cows to make it worth the trouble. Never ever meant i'm better because we have more cows or more room, but it was taken that way. Nothing ever went well in this forum after that. Anyone is free to read it, not once did i ever get rude, mean or anything. I just wanted to hear how everyone survived the drought.

CottageFarm":2qxnpf5a said:
There' an old saying....
"If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, befuddle them with CHICKEN shyte"

Sometimes those labeled "trouble makers" are simply those who've been neither bedazzled nor befuddled, and are simply calling it the way they see it. Other times, yes, it can be a lynching. However, lest one forget, there is frequently a protagonist
(antagonist, perhaps?) who is at the center of the storm and refuses to just let it go.

CF I made the correction for you .. There was a mistake in your quote. :lol2:

skyhightree1":2v3uys0j said:
CottageFarm":2v3uys0j said:
There' an old saying....

And i'm called the trouble maker by them..... Can someone point out where i was the trouble maker?

cowgirl8":1ohawx86 said:
skyhightree1":1ohawx86 said:
CottageFarm":1ohawx86 said:
There' an old saying....

And i'm called the trouble maker by them..... Can someone point out where i was the trouble maker?

Who is "them", and where did they call you a troublemaker? I guess I've missed a bunch of (funny?) stuff the past few days. I'm afraid I don't have time to read everything this morning.

cowgirl8"

I never promoted it, but people got so mad at me in that thread.. Its just how we survived the drought. Many people use it around here, its plentiful. From what i've heard its not good if you ship it. My son in laws family lost a herd to it, apparently they didnt cure it right and it was shipped from a distance. I think that is the reason its illegal in some areas because it either doesnt get hot enough and there are no chicken barns close by.... Just like any feed, its gotta be done right. My daughter had some cows get out into a milo field and she lost some of them, no litter involved, but people still feed feed with it in it. We fed littler under the instructions of a big bull breeder who uses litter from his own chicken barns. We felt safe that we would be using the same thing he feeds his high dollar bulls. If you stand there and watch them eat it, and then take a tour of his barns full of it, it looked safe. And what i tried to get across is if you had 20ish cows, it wouldnt have paid to even think of chicken litter because you have to buy a semi truck load at a time. You gotta have a lot of room and a lot of cows to make it worth the trouble. Never ever meant i'm better because we have more cows or more room, but it was taken that way. Nothing ever went well in this forum after that. Anyone is free to read it, not once did i ever get rude, mean or anything. I just wanted to hear how everyone survived the drought.

Exhale and let it go.
It doesn't matter whether anyone agrees or not, it's in the past and done.
You get baited into arguments way to easily

Latest posts