tropical Rain for texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Its been two weeks since we have had any rain. A little won't hurt a thing. Its been hot. Highland pastures are starting to show summer.

M-5":bcc5c9ay said:
Looks like you boys better get ready for a little tropical weather.
You mean "more" tropical weather don't you?
The whole month of May was nothing short of monsoon.
Rained here yesterday, and has rained twice today. We only had a brief respite last week, and even tho the ground has firmed up, the water table beneath surface is still very high. I was able to completely replant my garden (just finished late yesterday) and this time, made TALL rows to try to prevent the root rot I had the first time around.

greybeard":u24y0yh4 said:
M-5":u24y0yh4 said:
Looks like you boys better get ready for a little tropical weather.
You mean "more" tropical weather don't you?
The whole month of May was nothing short of monsoon.
Rained here yesterday, and has rained twice today. We only had a brief respite last week, and even tho the ground has firmed up, the water table beneath surface is still very high. I was able to completely replant my garden (just finished late yesterday) and this time, made TALL rows to try to prevent the root rot I had the first time around.

officially hurricane season didn't start till June 1st. and most of the rain I've seen yawl get didn't come from the topics if you want to get technical.

We had a drought of about 5 days.
Look at the sprayer thread at the mud in the tractor tires, that came off the hill.
The highest hill in this area.
Just got hit by wave one, two and three are lining up on radar.

Caustic Burno":2mlis0ta said:
We had a drought of about 5 days.
Look at the sprayer thread at the mud in the tractor tires, that came off the hill.
The highest hill in this area.
Just got hit by wave one, two and three are lining up on radar.

We have had about 16" in the last 10 days. Every low spot in the area is drowning out beans and corn. Not sure if they will even be replanted. Another pop up storm rolled in about an hour ago and dropped another 1.5", chased me and the wife back indoors. Finished her chicken coop off just in time..

backhoeboogie":1njec9k0 said:
Its been two weeks since we have had any rain. A little won't hurt a thing. Its been hot. Highland pastures are starting to show summer.
Be careful what ya ask for boogie. We gonna share our bounty with ya. 8)
Overall, the upper air wind pattern across the GOM has become a bit more conducive to cyclone formation over the past day, but significant 20-25Kt wind shear is still impacting the eastern side of the system, while drier, mid-level air to the W/SW of the system is impeding development. Air Force RECON data this morning found limited deep convection (as confirmed on SAT imagery), though there are winds to gale force occurring well to the east/northeast of the low level system.

With none of the dynamical and more reliable models showing the system gaining much strength over the next 24-36 hours as the system approaches the SE central Texas Gulf coast, the primary threat from INVEST 91L will be heavy rainfall. The latest GFS forecast for Total Precip is calling for 2"-4" totals along the SE central TX coast during the next 24-48 hours. However, as the disturbance interacts with a mid-latitude TROF across the Plains, upwards of 5"-7" of new rainfall may occur from north central TX into eastern OK and much of Missouri by late this week.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveG ... trynum=339

greybeard":2x7vigc8 said:
backhoeboogie":2x7vigc8 said:
Be careful what ya ask for boogie. We gonna share our bounty with ya. 8)
Overall, the upper air wind pattern across the GOM has become a bit more conducive to cyclone formation over the past day, but significant 20-25Kt wind shear is still impacting the eastern side of the system, while drier, mid-level air to the W/SW of the system is impeding development. Air Force RECON data this morning found limited deep convection (as confirmed on SAT imagery), though there are winds to gale force occurring well to the east/northeast of the low level system.

With none of the dynamical and more reliable models showing the system gaining much strength over the next 24-36 hours as the system approaches the SE central Texas Gulf coast, the primary threat from INVEST 91L will be heavy rainfall. The latest GFS forecast for Total Precip is calling for 2"-4" totals along the SE central TX coast during the next 24-48 hours. However, as the disturbance interacts with a mid-latitude TROF across the Plains, upwards of 5"-7" of new rainfall may occur from north central TX into eastern OK and much of Missouri by late this week.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveG ... trynum=339

One forecast says 8 to 12 inches. THere's nothing I can do about it. 2 inches would be fine.

Latest posts